PDA

View Full Version : lake whites?

one shot
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
i have been trying to catch a lake white for some time now, i am a avid icefisher. have a couple of lakes were i know they are but cant find them. i hear how easy they r to catch but i cant even find them in the lake. shallow, deep, bays, drops, hard or soft bottom? were do they hide? want one really bad. any tips? i am fishing fickle lake near edson and jarvise near hinton.

Speckle55
12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Call me i will take you out lake white fishing David 780-865-4379 44633live in Hinton last time out i saw 36 whites and partner saw 50 at Gregg and drove on lake

Carson13
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Well,
I dont fish those lakes but where i fish the best is 5 to 10 feet of water and rocky with a few weeds and a yelow or red wire worm but dont jig it agressivly just twitch it about 6 inches off the bottom.:character0053:

Carson

Bluegrass
12-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Guys, im having hard times catching whites at gull lake! Any tips? Its a flat bottom rock/ sand and we basically have to wait till they seim on by, seen like 8 a day, no bites!

Carson13
12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Guys, im having hard times catching whites at gull lake! Any tips? Its a flat bottom rock/ sand and we basically have to wait till they seim on by, seen like 8 a day, no bites!

Gull is one of the lakes i fish and what i find is to catch the most is get as far away from other people as possible in about 10 to 15 FOW.:fighting0030:

Speckle55
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM

every area has Master Anglers usually older anglers and you will see them on your lakes ask them and show them your tackle box they will pick out what will work for given lake

every once in a while you will get told to f--- --- but not as a rule

also so search on Gull Lake Whitefish fishing google

on this forum there are some awesome young anglers that fish Gull and know their lake whites..

i use wire worm and russian tear drop's etc here :)

they use the bell down there too check in Red Deer sports shops for bell hook for them

Food for Thought
David

one shot
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
thanks, i will call before my next days off

ogre
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
My friend and I had some luck last year using copper wetaskiwins and yellow bells.

Gull is one of the lakes i fish and what i find is to catch the most is get as far away from other people as possible in about 10 to 15 FOW.:fighting0030:

Jacek
12-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Only fished Greg for acouple of hours the other day, got one white on a wire worm with maggots. Did get alot of attention seen alot of whites but only one took the bait hard. I left because the location whites thrive was busy and it was the only spot I knew about, a large party was there before me and I felt like I was invading. Went to Wild horse and limited out on rainbows in 2.5 hrs instead so it all worked out I guess.

David we still need to go out one of these days soon, I was meaning to call you on wends but was very early when I had decided to go, wasnt sure if calling you at 8 00 am was the right thing to do.