PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing/Gull Lake

Bluegrass
12-29-2011, 01:59 PM
:fighting0030:Hello, ive been trying to catch a few whitefish, but it seems they have no interest in my worm hook with 2-3 maggots, any tips on catching whites. Best times of the day/ hooks/bait.

- If anyone out there enjoys chew, which would be nice for ice fishing, got cope-wintergreen, nice stuff.:sign0161:

Dan Foss
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=919739#post919739

Check the hook on the very first post at the top of the thread. This is a hook i would goto when the typical white fish hook isnt working. just something different to try.

Speckle55
12-29-2011, 02:12 PM
:fighting0030:Hello, ive been trying to catch a few whitefish, but it seems they have no interest in my worm hook with 2-3 maggots, any tips on catching whites. Best times of the day/ hooks/bait.

Bluegrass just keep trying .. using a wire worm either tip with maggot or not and jigged like a back swimmer u see in your hole every once in as a while then bring it up swimming like a bug then drop down 2 to 4 feet.. fish in differnt levels of water from the top too 6inches off bottom some will do better in deeper water others will do good in shallow if the moon is right it won't matter.. small twitches usually works here like all fishing experiment with colors too.. i like brass for my white's but yellow or copper or red.
i like right at day light to the 10 to 11 oclock then the afternoon fish but lunar charts can change when the bite is on..
ps when you catch whites check their stomach and match the food:thinking-006:

good luck
David

bpallen
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Would you jig that from bottom or suspend it? Magots or bare?

Dan Foss
12-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Would you jig that from bottom or suspend it? Magots or bare?

Personally I would tip it with a magot or something. and to answer the other question, It depends on where the fish are........

On a side note, Has anyone ever caught a whitefish using a perch eyeball as bait?

Carson13
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=919739#post919739

Check the hook on the very first post at the top of the thread. This is a hook i would goto when the typical white fish hook isnt working. just something different to try.

I completely agree, last yearevery one else in the tent was getting skunked (as for i only had one) exepty me and when i limited out i gave it to the guy next to me.:sign0111:

Carson