PDA

View Full Version : Burbot lakes

burbhunter667
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows where great burbot lakes are and that are some why close to red deer 2 hour drive tops and tips and locations would be amazing thank you.

BeeGuy
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Use the search function. There are 132 older threads with burbot in the title.

Read those and you will know everything about burbot in AB.

jessedm
12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe he is trying to be active in the forum instead of just being a voyeur lurking in the land of the search function. What is the point of trying to be a hard ass and hold the chit chat back. I can't speak for everyone but I like to read the recent posts in the forum, it tends to keep things moving forward and might spur current info or news about active lakes/areas. Otherwise I think it would be dull to come online to find nothing new....... Just my opinion

jessedm
12-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Pm sent burbhunter!

burbhunter667
12-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Haven't got you pm yet Jesse but thank you when I do get it lol and I do agree with u I thought i would ask rather than spend hours looking on the search lol

BeeGuy
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Not trying to be a hard*****, it just seems like a lot of new members have no idea about the search function and that it is a portal to a library of AB fishing knowledge.

Always happy to see the boards active with useful content.

wildcat111
12-29-2011, 09:49 PM
gull lake has good burbot fishing, not to sure about sylvan, i use a large smelt on the bottom 10-15 feet water, tipup, also they will take a small smelt of a jig.

Willowtrail
12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
You will learn a lot of info if you look back int the history. There's nothing wrong with starting a new thread but you will educate yourself a lot by apending a bit of time searching.

BeeGuy is right, lots of people don't do any leg work and it is a bit of a pain

Jwood 456
12-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows where great burbot lakes are and that are some why close to red deer 2 hour drive tops and tips and locations would be amazing thank you.

From what I hear, Gull would be a good bet to try. For exact location, i'm not totally sure, but trying off of Brownlows may produce.

Tyangelo
12-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Hell, I've even furthered my knowledge by digging up MY own 2 year old posts!

As for burbot lakes, Gull, Wizard, and Pigeon are my favs.

burbotman14
12-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Gull and Sylvan lake have pretty good populations of burbot. They are a little more spread out throughout the lake at this time of year, but in february and march, the fishing is more concentrated and consistent. Below is a thread of fishing gull lake recently, and my group had some decent results.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=115924

Bobby B.
12-30-2011, 08:37 AM
According to my cousin, Lac Sante up by Two Hills has lots of burbot. In fact, we're planning a trip for around the end of February.

Bobby B.