PDA

View Full Version : Knot Kinky 2

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
For all you Gator fisherman out there looking for leader options. you might want to try the new product Knot Kinky 2
It a nickel titanium leader material, that is knottable with many favorite fishing knots. Very thin and try as i must i cant get it to kink or hold a memory.
Makes very clean quick strike rigs as crimps and large knots are not necessary.

Might also be a big benifit to eye fisherman to prevent Gators from stealling 12 dollar Live Targets and 10 buck ChubbyDarters

Buck Krazy
12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I was wondering when this stuff would make it to Canada lol! Where can you buy it?

WayneChristie
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
sounds pretty interesting, one day I will have to make it to the big city and look for some

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I was wondering when this stuff would make it to Canada lol! Where can you buy it?

Fishin Hole has it in stock

huntinfishincampin
12-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Saw this at Bass Pro and thought it was a great product. Bit pricey but well worth it as much less time and messin around than the to countless gator set ups i have made in the past.
Gonna try some this season when i need it.

HFC

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.aquateko.com/

Buck Krazy
12-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice, Thanks a bunch!

jts1
12-29-2011, 10:27 PM
sounds pretty interesting, one day I will have to make it to the big city and look for some

You dont need to I have some in my box. Used it the other day on x y z. I like it but have not hade a BIG fish on it yet. I like it cause I can use it for everything. Will make for good Pike leaders on the fly rod. Will have some with me tomorrow when I see you opps I mean out fish you.

calgarygringo
12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
So that was your secret weapon on lake xyz......

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 10:32 PM
You dont need to I have some in my box. Used it the other day on x y z. I like it but have not hade a BIG fish on it yet. I like it cause I can use it for everything. Will make for good Pike leaders on the fly rod. Will have some with me tomorrow when I see you opps I mean out fish you.

i just tied a ordinary clinch knot....then this fat guy connected the hook to a solid rail and wrapped other end on fork to protect my hands.......only thing wieght of fat guy did was bend a 4x strong high carbon steel spintech hook

Kokanee9
12-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm very interested in knowing how it works out also.

ogre
12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks Chubb. I'll have to check this product out. Did you also try their Invisaswivel?

chubbdarter
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks Chubb. I'll have to check this product out. Did you also try their Invisaswivel?

nope, didnt like the look or its workings.
i think a high quality ball bearing swivel is smoother

Commander B
12-29-2011, 11:48 PM
I was told today that if you are going to crimp it, to sand or rough up the ends with some sandpaper. Seems to hold better.

B.

jts1
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
the fishn hole right. That's the same thing they told me.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-30-2011, 01:43 AM
the fishn hole right. That's the same thing they told me.

how much is that stuff same as the Berkly Flurocarbon Leader material ?

Geezle
12-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Looks like interesting stuff for sure...I took a (quick) look on TFH's site, but didn't see it there. I'll have to check it out next time I swing by the store.

commieboy
12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the tip, Chubb. Looks great!

Jiffy10
12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
just did the youtube on it....

looks like I'll be using that next summer .

thanks for the tip .....

pelada trochu
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
will have to try that out too.
tired of replacing leaders all the time.

riderprider
12-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey all. I bought some knot 2 kinky at cabelas and without a lot of effort got it to kink. That being said nothing is perfect including me and once I got past the learning curve it was much easier to work with, you just can"t expect the knots to tighten as they would with mono or braid (they say as much on the package). I made up a couple quick strike rigs and will try them out this Wednesday at Utikuma. Here's hoping it holds!

Wes_G
01-01-2012, 09:48 AM
I have bought all the stuff to tie my own titanium leaders out of this stuff. A hell of a lot cheaper then buying them already pre made. I bought it in the summer at Cabelas in Winnipeg.

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 10:39 AM
I have used 30lb floro for the last few yrs done fine thru the ice but last fall had a mabe 10lbs- gator part it with out even feeling the strike I was sight fishing and could not believe how easy it parted went up to 50lb florida but the wally wont touch it and messes with lure action have asked at bass pro a few times 4 thus product or toothy critter( same type of stuff) they knew nuthin good news to see its up here

Buck Krazy
01-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I hAd a pike bite thru the 50 lb fluro carbon pretty much effortlessly. Used tbe knot kinky stuff yesterday and some kInk going on. Pretty minor tho.

GOT1!
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I have been using TYGER leader, which is also a tieable/ knottable product. I did find that it curled a little when snuggin the knots, and it did kink slightly after a few tooth lashings. The coating does start to wear after multiple fish had abused it, But for the price, you twist another up. Otherwise I have eliminated "prefabbed" leaders now and have used this product only, boat and ice approved by me. Bought this at Bass Pro over a year ago, haven't looked to buy any more so not sure if they still carry it or not. If anyone has noticed if its still around, please let me know as I will nedd more ASAP.

Dan Foss
01-01-2012, 05:12 PM
i used this stuff and tried about 4 or 5 different knots and had nothing but trouble. I thought i got the clinch knot to work a couple times but a pike in macgregor broke my knot...... wasted about 30% of it trying to tie up a few leaders. any advice on the knots for this stuff will be great. I will be tying my spinners with this stuff come spring. Its super thin and doesnt hold memory at all. its awesome, just need to figure out tying it.

npauls
01-01-2012, 05:16 PM
i used this stuff and tried about 4 or 5 different knots and hand nothing but trouble. I thought i got the clinch knot to work a couple times but a pike in macgregor broke my knot...... wasted about 30% of it trying to tie up a few leaders. any advice on the knots for this stuff will be great. I will be tying my spinners with this stuff come spring. Its super thin and doesnt hold memory at all. its awesome, just need to figure out tying it.

If you are coming down here sometime could you pick me some up and bring it down?

I am interested in seeing if it works better for spinner rigs also.

Dan Foss
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
If you are coming down here sometime could you pick me some up and bring it down?

I am interested in seeing if it works better for spinner rigs also.

Your answer if it works better for spinner rigs the answer is yes. i know a guy who did it and loved it. the stuff is super thin, smooth so the spinners glide nicely. no memory when you pull it off of your roll. and pike proof.

Stuff aint cheap though. 12 bucks for 15 feet. so depending on how long you tie your rigs it might be costly to do your spinners on.

npauls
01-01-2012, 06:26 PM
It probably sinks more then a mono or fluoro does though hey.

This could be a problem if you are fishing around any kind of snag where you want your rig to float up off of the bottom.

$12 worth of the stuff would probably only do 3 rigs I guess but you wouldn't have to worry about it wearing through or tangling up like fluoro or mono.

I will look down here at wholesale the next time I am in there but I am doubting they have it.

I know now that they don't carry those fresh water shrimp that the edmonton store does. I am going to have to get someone from up north to buy me a few packs and ship them down.

Dan Foss
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
well actually i dono if it would sink more than a mono or flouro. the stuff is crazy thin and crazy light. I am definitely going to convert to it though for my spinners..... once i figure out how to tie it.

chubbdarter
01-02-2012, 11:19 AM
well actually i dono if it would sink more than a mono or flouro. the stuff is crazy thin and crazy light. I am definitely going to convert to it though for my spinners..... once i figure out how to tie it.

tie your first few ones with the hook/loop anchored to something solid....e.g. nail in work bench, vise, D ring in boat.

then you not be changing hands, because it does feel like you need 3 hands when you first try to tie with it, This way you can hold the tag and feeder line in your hands and the standing line will be anchored.

once to watch the knot draw tight its easy to see the lines properties.

its easy after a small learning curve and it bends every hook before it breaks or slips a knot

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
dust picked up ty her line at bass pro last bag lol told store duder they need more I dip it in wd before I cinch my knot seems to work then I tie a tiny over hand know in the tag end or a fig of 8 to stop any possible slipage it is a little tricky but seems to work I have used this product on wahoo on the salt they r very wire shy and the 30lbs has landed fish over 50 so should do fine on our toothy gators

Jayhad
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I guess you guys don't wander into the fly section of your local tackle shop to often..... Rio has been producing a similar product for a few years now, I use it for all my gator fishing

http://www.rioproducts.com/tippet/specialty/powerflex-wire-bite-tippet

I used the 40lb in Africa last year and it doesn't break (within reason)

Freedom55
01-03-2012, 07:23 AM
To Dan and Nate: After tying seventy-two spinner rigs and thirty lindy rigs this past couple of weeks, the Seaguar people are mighty pleased with me. Had to stop while I wait for my next shipment of fluorocarbon leader material.

I have calculated that each worm harness costs me less than $1.75, saving me about $2.25 per unit. The wire that you refer to is $3.00 per unit before you add a blade or bead, assuming you tie off at 3'. My rigs are 6' and the lindys are 9', thereby adjustable. Too pricey the other way. However, I am also awaiting a shipment of components from Northland and the blades and floats will drop by roughly 50% in price, making the cost of a harness less than a dollar. Big deal if a toothy bugger bites me off; hopefully only the trailing hook so I can save the beads.

A tip: tie on a ball bearing swivel rather than a loop. Fewer spin-ups through a productive spot. I am also trying Matzuo sickle hooks this season. Wicked sharp.

To Jayhad: I have tried the Rio products and one thing I have noticed is that the 14lb Seaguar is much thicker than 13lb Rio tippet 1X. And Rio is more money

Free

Jayhad
01-03-2012, 08:19 AM
To Jayhad: I have tried the Rio products and one thing I have noticed is that the 14lb Seaguar is much thicker than 13lb Rio tippet 1X. And Rio is more money

Free

I was commenting on the wire leader....
With tippet you pay more to have the same strength in a smaller diameter, therefore Rio is more expensive....