PDA

View Full Version : dickson dam info

Eddy62
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
never fished here before any advice. txs people........later:) will be heading out there this weekend

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 07:00 AM
i guess no one fishes here so i will let you all no tomorrow..............later

burbhunter667
12-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Are u fishibg the trout pond or the river ?

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Are u fishibg the trout pond or the river ?

the river...

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 07:09 AM
the river... never fished here before just going off a friend off my wifes at her work dont have a clue about anything in this area...

burbhunter667
12-31-2011, 07:11 AM
It's usually pretty good there lots of walleye. But the bite has Been slow I have heard I only fish it I'n summer. The trout pond I heard I's good though and it's like a 15 drive from the dam.

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 07:14 AM
It's usually pretty good there lots of walleye. But the bite has Been slow I have heard I only fish it I'n summer. The trout pond I heard I's good though and it's like a 15 drive from the dam.

thanks for the info friend apparently there is some nice pike to be had too i will let you no how i do............................:)caught tons off trout this year want to get some fish with teeth for a while lol

burbhunter667
12-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Sounds good

DirkDiggler
12-31-2011, 07:17 AM
There is Wallets,pike,goldeye,whitefish, brown trout in abundance to name a few in that fishery. If you go immediately under the dam there is a nice hole, use jigs, Rapala's, or Mepp's spinners and you should do alright. I have not fished there this time of year but in the summer months it is good place to be.

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 07:34 AM
There is Wallets,pike,goldeye,whitefish, brown trout in abundance to name a few in that fishery. If you go immediately under the dam there is a nice hole, use jigs, Rapala's, or Mepp's spinners and you should do alright. I have not fished there this time of year but in the summer months it is good place to be.txs bro for the good info

fishinggeek
12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Wish i could head out there and meet you. im in stoon right now 4 my xmas, and getting ready for a perch slaughter tomorrow at blackstrap lake. lol.
Anyways went out there last year in the middle of january by myself and caught 2 browns, fishing was slow but you could see the mountain whites near shore swimming around. i was only there for trout and eyes.
get there early because the trout only seem to bite till 11am or so. was just using a chartuse jig with at mistertwister casting into the deep pools. Good luck and let us know how you do.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/dicksondam.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/browntrout002.jpg

Eddy62
12-31-2011, 06:34 PM
txs nice to see a pic especially when i can see off photo off what i am going to attempt:sHa_shakeshout:

fh7 txs for the pm and info you sure are a talented and knowledgeable young fisherman we have out there and you guys for sharing info like you both do i will take a pic if i grab on a fish and post for you boys tomorrow night wish me luck...................