PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobilers, A ice fishermans nightmare!

Bluegrass
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
First if all, to all you snowmobilers, stay off are lakes! Your so annoying and scare all the fishies away. Its hard enough to relax out there and fish without *neeeeeowwwwewwwwwwwww* guy passing the ice shack!

Anyone else have this frusteration?:mad3:

Willowtrail
12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Lakes are for everyone. I plan on quading with my ice gear once i'm healed in the new year. Same as boats in the summer, just stay 100 yards or more away from tents.

I won't be doing 80 mph accross the ice either.

Just respect each other on the ice.

wolfman403
12-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Your probably the same guy that complains in the summer when I take my kids tubing. Unless you have a lake in your backyard deal with it. I pay my taxes just like you and if my family and I want to run the lake we will but we stay away from the fishing. I ice fish too been out three times this year already and lots of sledders come by its nice to see people enjoying this mild winter.:snapoutofit:

HunterDave
12-30-2011, 12:54 PM
I sled AND I fish...sometimes I even sled to where I'm going to fish. Both activities are equally enjoyable pastimes for me. Around here with the lack of snow, sledding on a lake is about the only place that you can go right now.

Eddy62
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Your probably the same guy that complains in the summer when I take my kids tubing. Unless you have a lake in your backyard deal with it. I pay my taxes just like you and if my family and I want to run the lake we will but we stay away from the fishing. I ice fish too been out three times this year already and lots of sledders come by its nice to see people enjoying this mild winter.:snapoutofit:

you could not off said it better,we all need to unwind and have some fun, life isnt always about work and issues, everybody have a great time sleeding,quading,ice fishing , and my favorite a small fire and a burnt hot dog.play safe everyone,:)

Farm_boy
12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Scare the fish away......that's funny.......I use my snowmobile to go ice fishing and I still catch fish..... guess the ones I catch are deaf.................

chubbdarter
12-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Spray lakes will cure what ails you

Sooner
12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I use my sleds to get us and our gear around the lake when ice fishing. We dont go fast and when we come up to group, we stop on the outer edge and walk in if we want to see how the fishing is. When I am recreational riding the sled on a lake, I stay far away from any group, not because I think we will scare the fish, just to be curtious. Some on sleds are like the seadoo idiots, have to be showing off close to people. I think most try to stay clear or slow down when going by. As for scaring fish, if a sled scares them, so does ice augers and vehicles driving around.

lifesaflyin
12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
i use my sleds and quading to go ice fishing and i'll tell ya, if you think the sound scares them away you got another thing comin. some of the best fishin ive had is havin my sled warming up next to the tent, or the family ripping around havin fun on them while I fished

my solution to you is go buy a sled.

192 whitey
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
i use my sleds and quading to go ice fishing and i'll tell ya, if you think the sound scares them away you got another thing comin. some of the best fishin ive had is havin my sled warming up next to the tent, or the family ripping around havin fun on them while I fished

my solution to you is go buy a sled.

As long as the sledders are respectful of the fisherpeople no problem I know when the fishing gets slow I take a drive around in my truck and it sometimes seems to help RESPECT peoples right to be on the lake as long as they respect yours

Guy on a Buffalo
12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
In Jamaica, they talk about how everything boils down to two things: love & respect. Love/Respect for each other and love/respect for the environment.

SNAPFisher
12-31-2011, 07:08 AM
I'd rather have a sled pass my tent than a full sized pickup. Especially with current ice conditions.

HunterDave had a good point, with little snow the lakes are one of the few places for snowmobiles.

deanmc
12-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Not so bad. But sometimes when I get skunked I am glad to have that excuse too.:scared0018:

BobLoblaw
12-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Spray lakes will cure what ails you

Yeah, no snowmobiles on Spray, except for the warden.
Of course, the constant yipping, barking & howling of the sled dogs might drive ya nutz...:)

Kim473
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't mind the sleds, I don't mind the boats, just keep a little distance. I hate the boats with a 500 watt stereo that you can hear there music 1/2 mile away tho. I'm out there to enjoy nature and not your music.

BGSH
12-31-2011, 02:00 PM
snow mobiles on ice is no different then boats on water, in fact just be happy you get to ice fish in the first place because in a few months you will be back in your boat or fishing from shore.

SNAPFisher
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, no snowmobiles on Spray, except for the warden.
Of course, the constant yipping, barking & howling of the sled dogs might drive ya nutz...:)

LOL! Your right. Here I am on Spray in my model "ZT100 Trail Blazer":

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/APetesky/BanffFeb2008043.jpg

Sorry for all the noise!!

Jwood 456
12-31-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't mind snow mobilers as long as they are being respectful and slow down when getting near where I'm fishing or keep their distance.

The ones that do get on my nerves, are the ones that decide to show off and floor the throttle within 80ft or less from the fishing group.

I will drive my ATV onto the ice sometimes but don't start sporting around until i'm at least half a kilometre or more from the fishing groups and if swing by to ask how the fishing has been, I park at least 30ft away from them and walk up to them.

rapalaman
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Scare the fish away......that's funny.......I use my snowmobile to go ice fishing and I still catch fish..... guess the ones I catch are deaf.................

LoL i dont think you get it when you get to where you are gonna fish you shut your sled off right!!!! try catching a fish with your sled reved out at 6000 rpm and then post the pics of your awsome catch.

its wile you are fishing thats the problem he is having i have had sleds run over and break my tip ups going mach chicken 80 mile an hour twenty feet from my hut and if it happens again ill jam a tent pole in the bogy system and use there empty head as a bobber!!! the lake is for everyone but dumb asses feel free to stay home.

dragon
12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
LoL i dont think you get it when you get to where you are gonna fish you shut your sled off right!!!! try catching a fish with your sled reved out at 6000 rpm and then post the pics of your awsome catch.

its wile you are fishing thats the problem he is having i have had sleds run over and break my tip ups going mach chicken 80 mile an hour twenty feet from my hut and if it happens again ill jam a tent pole in the bogy system and use there empty head as a bobber!!! the lake is for everyone but dumb asses feel free to stay home.

I don't buy it. the fish don't get spooked that easily.

And I had a guy hit my tip up today and it was less than 20 ft from my tent. Yeah it sucks. If your not into ice fishing then they might not even know what a tip up is! let alone know that they could be up to 40m from your tent (or what ever that number is)

Oh and I also have sleds and reach speeds of up to 150 km/h on the ice.

mustard73
01-01-2012, 10:27 AM
A buddy, his girlfriend and I sledded into a small BC lake a year ago. We were drag racing 2 of the sleds on the lake and every time we made it back to the fishing holes, their was a bite.

Do they still send out a guy on a snowmobile to pick up the dog sh** at Spray?

Albertadiver
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I got buzzed by a small plane yesterday out on Pine. We were at the north end and the plane was about 30 feet over our heads.

Still didn't get a bite though.

As for the original post, if you don't want to share the space, pack your stuff and go home. They have as much right to be there as the anglers do.

I used to do both, up until we sold our skidoo.

kinwahkly
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
The snowmobilers are having the the same disscussion as we are now, ''Those darn ice fisherman''.

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM
y r ppl so ignorant u can put 1000 fisher men on a very small lake I'ce or open water no body gets hurt not too many ppl get annoyd put 3 sleds or quad used by ppl who dont respect Anything (we know this because they know the machines r loud dangerous if used incorrectly) ppl die slyvan last yr saskachawan this yr it is the ppl who use the machine that is the prob not ppl sitting on the ice minding there own bizzness

FishingFrenzy
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
y r ppl so ignorant u can put 1000 fisher men on a very small lake I'ce or open water no body gets hurt not too many ppl get annoyd put 3 sleds or quad used by ppl who dont respect Anything (we know this because they know the machines r loud dangerous if used incorrectly) ppl die slyvan last yr saskachawan this yr it is the ppl who use the machine that is the prob not ppl sitting on the ice minding there own bizzness

Kay, can you rephrase in english so that some of us can understand what you just said?? :mad0030:

600twin
01-01-2012, 11:10 AM
A haters gonna hate

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 11:28 AM
look man I have guided and fished all over the world I can give my option,most ppl who use sleds or quads as any thing but a mode of transportation to get from point a to point b tend to be irrasponsable they know the machine is noisy (they dont care ) .the ppl that use them correctly r no problem I use both but never on ice (guy last yr blew motor dumped 5 odd ltre of oil on slyvan ) there is very little respect for other lake users in this part of the world just my opinion that's what this form is for right

SNAPFisher
01-01-2012, 11:39 AM
look man I have guided and fished all over the world I can give my option,most ppl who use sleds or quads as any thing but a mode of transportation to get from point a to point b tend to be irrasponsable they know the machine is noisy (they dont care ) .the ppl that use them correctly r no problem I use both but never on ice (guy last yr blew motor dumped 5 odd ltre of oil on slyvan ) there is very little respect for other lake users in this part of the world just my opinion that's what this form is for right

You did not major in English at any time in your life did you? In fact, you likely failed it.

Sorry "man", but you are hard to follow. I do get the gist of your post though. Most people use them correctly the bad eggs are good at being bad at everything - snowmobiling, boating, etc. So your just preaching to the converted here. At least that is my opinion.

P.S. I was joking about the dog sledding...I thought it was funny. Good thing I did not decide on being a comedian.

HunterDave
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
The snowmobilers are having the the same disscussion as we are now, ''Those darn ice fisherman''.

Lol.........yeah, maybe it sounds something like this:

Those darned ice fishermen putting tents up all over the lake where we're sledding. Yesterday one fella put one up away out by the island right beside the sled trail. It's not bad enough having to watch out for guys like this all of the time but the mess of the lake that he made was brutal! He must have drilled about a dozen holes and left frozen mounts of ice from the holes everywhere! Why can't these guys just gather with everyone else fishing and just stay away from where we're sledding? :lol:

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
yes I failed english doing this on my phone on key board made to be used by a child. with great freedom there is great responsibility and I dont see ppl out here in the west being very mindful of others .I see ppl put $$$$ into sleds ,boats,quads to make them faster, louder ,( in my opinion compatition level) for joe shmo just cause he can afford it (MORON) .I hate laws and rules. so I have no way of changeing the status quo but I will stand up for all others and have drove. after idiots on ice and water to tell them what I think (part of my freedom) the sleder I told off last yr got no cheer cause his sled can do 150 but 30 or so ice fisher ppl shure cheered me for telling him off funny how that works!!

FishingFrenzy
01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
yes I failed english doing this on my phone on key board made to be used by a child. with great freedom there is great responsibility and I dont see ppl out here in the west being very mindful of others .I see ppl put $$$$ into sleds ,boats,quads to make them faster, louder ,( in my opinion compatition level) for joe shmo just cause he can afford it (MORON) .I hate laws and rules. so I have no way of changeing the status quo but I will stand up for all others and have drove. after idiots on ice and water to tell them what I think (part of my freedom) the sleder I told off last yr got no cheer cause his sled can do 150 but 30 or so ice fisher ppl shure cheered me for telling him off funny how that works!!

Sooooo if I use my sled to get from point A to point B, for the sole purpose of transportation im cool.

If I ride my sled for fun, im a moron.

Thats like saying, if you fish for food your a good guy.

BUT If you start fishing for fun, your a moron.

Your a real champ, I hope you know that.

I ice fish and sled, I have no problem with sledders or icefishers. If some guy blew through my fishing area, I might be mad because that guy is an inconsiderate retard, but not because he is a sledder.

As long as people think, and use a little common sense on the ice, there's no reason there should be any conflict between people enjoying different activities.

Redfrog
01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
"I ice fish and sled, I have no problem with sledders or icefishers. If some guy blew through my fishing area, I might be mad because that guy is an inconsiderate retard, but not because he is a sledder. "

Isn't that the whole point of the thread.:thinking-006:

SalmoTrutta
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
First if all, to all you snowmobilers, stay off are lakes! Your so annoying and scare all the fishies away. Its hard enough to relax out there and fish without *neeeeeowwwwewwwwwwwww* guy passing the ice shack!

Anyone else have this frusteration?:mad3:

seems the answer to your questions is; not really

share and share alike, there are disrespectful people everywhere, cant change that. If its an issue go someplace to fish where there are no snowmobilers. I ride my snowmobile to ice fish all the time, its the only reason I own one.

fish gunner
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
see its all point of view I am not saying sleding for fun is bad just not on a lake full of ice huts and ppl if u went to a hill climb in the mountains and I showd up in a main battle tank and blasting holes in the mountain u d get ****y, I dont belong .when ten sled start ripping up a lake full of ice fisher ppl they dont belong. if they sled to an area OUT of HEARING range presto no problem .the laws to to limit ure use of off road vech r in there way change ur ways or the sh#% hand of the law will

FishingFrenzy
01-01-2012, 01:13 PM
"I ice fish and sled, I have no problem with sledders or icefishers. If some guy blew through my fishing area, I might be mad because that guy is an inconsiderate retard, but not because he is a sledder. "

Isn't that the whole point of the thread.:thinking-006:

I think the whole point of the thread is that the OP is suggesting that snowmobiles in general should stay off the lake. And im not sure what fish gunner is saying...

Walleyemagnet
01-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Bluegrass, what do you think is more distracting to a fish; a sled speeding by for 2 seconds or an auger drilling holes? I drill upwards of 100 holes in a day and have no trouble catching fish. I also use a sled when I'm fishing(no truck on the ice for me)and have towed my ice sleigh close to 100mph. I even periodically start my snowmachine while I'm fishing and it doesn't seem to effect my catch rate. What lake are you talking about? Do you own it? No? Then shut up!

dragon
01-01-2012, 04:56 PM
see its all point of view I am not saying sleding for fun is bad just not on a lake full of ice huts and ppl if u went to a hill climb in the mountains and I showd up in a main battle tank and blasting holes in the mountain u d get ****y, I dont belong .when ten sled start ripping up a lake full of ice fisher ppl they dont belong. if they sled to an area OUT of HEARING range presto no problem .the laws to to limit ure use of off road vech r in there way change ur ways or the sh#% hand of the law will

Where do you drive your tank then?:thinking-006:

newguy
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I use respect when out on my sled whether i'm on a lake or a trail. Most people are like minded. Too bad we have a few lunatics that ruin it and make decent people look bad. Don't paint everyone with the same brush...

ndw
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Lots of room for everyone just like fishing use respect and treat everyone fair we have lots of both just give everyone a little room to enjoy their time outdoors

SNAPFisher
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM

You ever heard George Carland's rant on NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard)? If not, you should listen.

SNAPFisher
01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Bluegrass, what do you think is more distracting to a fish; a sled speeding by for 2 seconds or an auger drilling holes? I drill upwards of 100 holes in a day and have no trouble catching fish. I also use a sled when I'm fishing(no truck on the ice for me)and have towed my ice sleigh close to 100mph. I even periodically start my snowmachine while I'm fishing and it doesn't seem to effect my catch rate. What lake are you talking about? Do you own it? No? Then shut up!

Amen!

Of course you are wrong for using your auger among a bunch of ice fishermen. You have no place for doing that and should stop it. In fact all ice fishers should stop drilling holes in lakes as it scares the fish!

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 01:07 AM

this is simple as pic a #say 15 guys sitting on a lake ice fishing year after year how many will kill them selves or. an other due to there actions none maybe 1 falls thru the ice now take 15 sledded useing another lake to do what they do as they wish if we look at the canadian average in the first yr 2 will kill them self and one other, now put them all in the one lake to do as they wish now we know most of the fish r localized say 30% of the lake now the sledded have 70% of the lake to use as they wish sum how they still kill one of there own and inocent dude sitting on a pale and yes we all own the lake and it is our right as Canadians to insure that every one else treats it and every body useing said lake with respect. if this was the case this thread would not be here to join ! I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Where do you drive your tank then?:thinking-006:

its been a while but lots of germany sum of the arab world little bit of belize quite a lot of Q8 and her neighbors,a wee bit of bonny scotland .Gunner is not just a handle its a trade

HunterDave
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads

You forgot to mention the jet ski's and speedboats in the summer. :rolleye2:

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 02:01 AM
You forgot to mention the jet ski's and speedboats in the summer. :rolleye2:

oh dont get me started on the open water idiots u know my fave is the # 1albertadouch with the 25'offshore boat on pine lake ,is it a mile long haha. I save all my old line just 4 him

dragon
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM
this is simple as pic a #say 15 guys sitting on a lake ice fishing year after year how many will kill them selves or. an other due to there actions none maybe 1 falls thru the ice now take 15 sledded useing another lake to do what they do as they wish if we look at the canadian average in the first yr 2 will kill them self and one other, now put them all in the one lake to do as they wish now we know most of the fish r localized say 30% of the lake now the sledded have 70% of the lake to use as they wish sum how they still kill one of there own and inocent dude sitting on a pale and yes we all own the lake and it is our right as Canadians to insure that every one else treats it and every body useing said lake with respect. if this was the case this thread would not be here to join ! I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads

I think your stats are unsupported. Very few individuals die from snowmobiling on lakes. Lots of guys die high marking in the mountains though. I would probably say more trucks go through the ice than sleds in a year but that's only speculation.

Sledding on a big flat area with no hidden debris, obstructions, blind spots, hills, etc is pretty much the safest place to snowmobile. That's why people do it!

dragon
01-02-2012, 09:28 AM
its been a while but lots of germany sum of the arab world little bit of belize quite a lot of Q8 and her neighbors,a wee bit of bonny scotland .Gunner is not just a handle its a trade

But not the mountains? Or lakes? Good! Cause I would be shaking my fist...

Gust
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
oh dont get me started on the open water idiots u know my fave is the # 1albertadouch with the 25'offshore boat on pine lake ,is it a mile long haha. I save all my old line just 4 him

You are a menace to society if you put out hazards targetting boats, very illegal and dangerous and besides you don't know the individual who likes to be on his boat,, some people like boating, floating about. If his boat has caused damage or a hazard to you report the vessel but don't be a douchebag and cause an accident to him or other unsuspecting boaters, jetskis, waterskiiers on the water.

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
But not the mountains? Or lakes? Good! Cause I would be shaking my fist...

I think your stats are unsupported. Very few individuals die from snowmobiling on lakes. Lots of guys die high marking in the mountains though. I would probably say more trucks go through the ice than sleds in a year but that's only speculation.

Sledding on a big flat area with no hidden debris, obstructions, blind spots, hills, etc is pretty much the safest place to snowmobile. That's why people do it!

u r correct my info is poor just listening to the local radio. sledded killed on slyvan last yr very sad, quader dead in sask this yr all ready. so where as one would think that it would be hard to get hurt on a big mostly empty flat surface our frnds that sled and quad still manage to sho there quality

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
You are a menace to society if you put out hazards targetting boats, very illegal and dangerous and besides you don't know the individual who likes to be on his boat,, some people like boating, floating about. If his boat has caused damage or a hazard to you report the vessel but don't be a douchebag and cause an accident to him or other unsuspecting boaters, jetskis, waterskiiers on the water.

I think u may be jumping to conclusion here this is a boat with a top speed of near 70mph on a lake at best 2 miles long and the fellow I am referencing rips up this small busy lake ! I on the other hand use a small tin boat at a max of 4 mph so here I am fishing a way and next thing u know artrrtrrrtttt ripping along goes buddy pow both my reel and my friends go off now im sure there r no marlin in pine lake soo 300 yrds of line ripped of both our lines in seconds I m just assuming were attached to his boat that is y I save all my old line to fish on pine thank u for ur time

Gust
01-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I think u may be jumping to conclusion here this is a boat with a top speed of near 70mph on a lake at best 2 miles long and the fellow I am referencing rips up this small busy lake ! I on the other hand use a small tin boat at a max of 4 mph so here I am fishing a way and next thing u know artrrtrrrtttt ripping along goes buddy pow both my reel and my friends go off now im sure there r no marlin in pine lake soo 300 yrds of line ripped of both our lines in seconds I m just assuming were attached to his boat that is y I save all my old line to fish on pine thank u for ur time

report him for reckless endangerment,, seriously

packhuntr
01-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Im going to side with fish gunner on this one. Sleds all over the place, guys acting like its a rampage out there completely dismantling shoreline habitat etc etc the list goes on. If guys dont think noise spooks fish they havent done much fishing LOLOL. As far as other anglers ruining good fishing, thats another one that drives me NUTS. Guys get bored and the first thing they do is fire up the augger to punch another hole over here or there, pretty much right in the middle of thier trap line thats effectively being fished already IF they are even running a productive system,, BIG if there LOL. Auggers running all bloody day and these guys wonder why they cant catch a fish LOLOL! I run tip ups for pike across structure before light, set traps at first light and dont set foot on the line unless holes need cleaned. Get a bite and stalk into the bait. No one wonder why thier fish are running HARD and dropping baits after they Ben Johnson'ed up to the trap LOLOL! Even one little crunch of ice under your foot can be enough to send a big fish right on out of the trap line or cause her to spook while holding a bait. They are not used to hearing all this going on and commotion over thier heads no matter the season!!! Keep skunking your fishing days boys, anyone on the other side of this coin doesnt have a red sniff. Unload those machines and run the sh*t out of them all day, including your auggers boys, just dont do it near me!!!!!

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 10:48 AM

report him for reckless endangerment,, seriously

:bad_boys_20:sorry man no way am I gona call joe law if u seen there anticks on glenifer there almost as bad I just keep on keepn on and shake my head if I had to phone the law every time I seen an #1albertadouch I would never catch any fish would spend half the day on the phone

HunterDave
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Even one little crunch of ice under your foot can be enough to send a big fish right on out of the trap line or cause her to spook while holding a bait. They are not used to hearing all this going on and commotion over thier heads no matter the season!!! Keep skunking your fishing days boys, anyone on the other side of this coin doesnt have a red sniff.

You're kidding right? The whole lake is cracking and popping over their heads all winter for goodness sakes. :fishing:

pickrel pat
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
on a busy lake( lots of augers and sleds and trucks ) noise impacts fish in a small if any degree. on a quite lake the fish do spook a bit. but not much.

portwein
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
This is what happened personally with me…
It was very rare opportunity to learn (it was absolutely new experience for me) how to catch Mountain Whitefish – complete calm on Ghost Res!!!!! and fish was active enough, so I could try different kinds of techniques, hooks and bites.
Please check location - 51°12'32.22"N 114°44'8.66"W – it is the place where I was fishing, I think, it is important for understanding what I am talking about.
I did not see any more persons on the ice from this point to the dam.
I found the school of Witefish, I fished on same spot about 2 hours already, fish was biting not too often but steady on 3 meters of water.
For some reasons two snowmobilers came to this location and began to race back and forth in 15 meters from me and one of them made few circles around. Like I said before, I was the only fisherman on lake on about 2 kilometers square!!! Fish stopped to bite right away. I can not say they were the only reason, fish gone why. It always happens without any noise and other disturbing factors. BUT….Why did they choose to drive near and around me? Did they need some of audience to show how cool they are? Or how nice their machines are? Was it kind of socializing? Or what?:angry3:
Finally I packed up and when I just started to walk away, they, what was very and very annoying, went too.
Did they spoil my day or not?
Judge yourself, ladies and gentlemen.

latenite
01-02-2012, 04:44 PM
It's quite obvious, this a very sensitive issue. No, we can't ban sleds or atvs from lakes. I have driven both, and love doing it very much. I think what can be derived from all the comments on this thread is, ice fisherpersons wish off road machines didn't come so close to them, and offroaders need some space which an open lake can provide. It has been said there will always be inconsiderate operators of these machines, but I believe the onus is on the first person training them. When you teach your kids to drive, do you tell them to speed down the road, or drive the speed limit? Do you tell them to respect pedestrians and cyclist? I have been annoyed by offroaders literally screaming by me going way faster than they need to NEAR people. IMHO, there is a whole lake,giver #### out there,but be a little more respectful around pedestrians. Will attitudes ever change regarding this subject, maybe not, but I hope so.:)

fish gunner
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
It's quite obvious, this a very sensitive issue. No, we can't ban sleds or atvs from lakes. I have driven both, and love doing it very much. I think what can be derived from all the comments on this thread is, ice fisherpersons wish off road machines didn't come so close to them, and offroaders need some space which an open lake can provide. It has been said there will always be inconsiderate operators of these machines, but I believe the onus is on the first person training them. When you teach your kids to drive, do you tell them to speed down the road, or drive the speed limit? Do you tell them to respect pedestrians and cyclist? I have been annoyed by offroaders literally screaming by me going way faster than they need to NEAR people. IMHO, there is a whole lake,giver #### out there,but be a little more respectful around pedestrians. Will attitudes ever change regarding this subject, maybe not, but I hope so.:)

I think that Is the whole problem the post prior to your is my perfect example. the offending sledder had 99.9% of the lake to use as they wish . still they need to show off to the one other person on said lake happens all most every time I see a sled or quad on the ice just down right ignorant. are off hiway machine a sign of ignorance or ignorance a sign of an off hiway user. not attacking any one just a observation!

RACKER
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I also dont mind everyone sharing the lake but some people have to circle around the shoreline in one spot for hours to show off their 15000 sled!They have straight pipes and are etremely loud!I come out to enjoy a day on the lake with friends and cant hear each other talk!Go ahead and have fun sledding but please dont circle around the area where everyone is fishing!I fish at Coal Lake and it echos alot!

dragon
01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Im going to side with fish gunner on this one. Sleds all over the place, guys acting like its a rampage out there completely dismantling shoreline habitat etc etc the list goes on. If guys dont think noise spooks fish they havent done much fishing LOLOL. As far as other anglers ruining good fishing, thats another one that drives me NUTS. Guys get bored and the first thing they do is fire up the augger to punch another hole over here or there, pretty much right in the middle of thier trap line thats effectively being fished already IF they are even running a productive system,, BIG if there LOL. Auggers running all bloody day and these guys wonder why they cant catch a fish LOLOL! I run tip ups for pike across structure before light, set traps at first light and dont set foot on the line unless holes need cleaned. Get a bite and stalk into the bait. No one wonder why thier fish are running HARD and dropping baits after they Ben Johnson'ed up to the trap LOLOL! Even one little crunch of ice under your foot can be enough to send a big fish right on out of the trap line or cause her to spook while holding a bait. They are not used to hearing all this going on and commotion over thier heads no matter the season!!! Keep skunking your fishing days boys, anyone on the other side of this coin doesnt have a red sniff. Unload those machines and run the sh*t out of them all day, including your auggers boys, just dont do it near me!!!!!

Interesting that last week at pigeon, my kids and I were watching 3 walleye on the cam. One bit my 5 year olds hook and as he squealed and jumped and hollarred as he shouted "I got one! I got one!" The other 2 walleyes just hung out and I ended up catching one of them. That was in 8 fow.
I can't speak for any other lake but I STILL don't buy it. Especially when fishing at greater depths.