PDA

View Full Version : Wire Worm Design

bpallen
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I made a few Wire Worms at work today ( Work was slow - what else was I to do ).

Anyway - please send in your designs, so we can compare.

vettedreamer
12-30-2011, 04:00 PM
bull crap couldnt design one if I tried. WERE do i send money:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Gust
12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Try this, I made a wireworm with a #14 treble and I cut a strip of red floating foam twice the length of the shank and about 4mm thick. I wound the wire tight around the shank while holding the foam there and the other length of foam is now below the hook. Tried it to taday for whites but a pike inhaled it instead,,, what's great is that it looks like a worm and the hook can be inhaled but not easily spat as the foam keeps the hook points facing the bottom. I'll post a pic later as I need to go thru the sled for the lure and I'm too lazy right now.

Ok the pukey orange colour is the foam the red represents the wire and the black is obvious. Basically, the eye of the hook bumps the bottom and the foam keeps the hook upsidedown.

Willowtrail
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Made these last year.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/willowtrail/Fishing/IMG_7148.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/willowtrail/Fishing/IMG_7128.jpg

ogre
12-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Great scotts, me think they'd all catch fishies!

Very innovative and good job on accomplishing these. I've not designed any yet, but these designs sure give me ideas.

Gustav, how do you fish your design. Vertical jigging or trolling?

Gust
12-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Great scotts, me think they'd all catch fishies!

Very innovative and good job on accomplishing these. I've not designed any yet, but these designs sure give me ideas.

Gustav, how do you fish your design. Vertical jigging or trolling?

vertical jigging, just like a brass bell but my design always lands with hook points facing down,, so the inhale doesn't get pronged on the way into the mouth but when I pull the line it sets the hook. I've made a few more and am improvising too.