PDA

View Full Version : Sweet jesus!!!

roachman
12-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Fished PCR today. It is only by God's grace I am able to type this msg today. Just safely returned after a prayer or two and to say the least no fish in hand. Don't understand how the cattle held their ground! Saw one burb on the camera that swam right on by like... "where is the fire" and wally's just stared into wet space. Ice is 6 or 7 at best, and slick. I would not advise anyone making their way onto the ice without good grippers or stuffing in the back of your pants. Wind was crazy and by noon the nasty dark clouds started rolling in. Hence no fish biting. They knew something we were too dumb to figure out!!! :snapoutofit: We packed it in like theives in the night and tucked our tails between our legs and got the heck out of dodge. Mother nature wins again :sHa_sarcasticlol:

burbotman
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Your not Kidding, spent the morning south west side of the road/bridge.

Wind took another parties lawn chair across the country.

3 walleye, 1 burb and a pike smaller than the bait we were using.

We bailed well before that black cloud desended.

roachman
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Your not Kidding, spent the morning south west side of the road/bridge.

Wind took another parties lawn chair across the country.

3 walleye, 1 burb and a pike smaller than the bait we were using.

We bailed well before that black cloud desended.

We saw you crazy buggers fishing by the open water! Drove by in gold expedition saying to ourselves...crazier than &*&^house rats!!!! Good on ya guys though, you got more than we did!

burbotman
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
We saw you crazy buggers fishing by the open water! Drove by in gold expedition saying to ourselves...crazier than &*&^house rats!!!! Good on ya guys though, you got more than we did!

Nope not us by the open water, not that crazy. We were tucked in tight by the parking lot.

The lawn chair that blew away did end up in the open water

Deb
12-30-2011, 09:01 PM
HOLY MACKALONEY, youse guys!! Spoke to Orv earlier today and he said you had good luck last weekend - the word probably got around that you were coming back :)

Glad you're all safe and sound - all for the love of fishin'

Enjoy the holidays,
Deb

roachman
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Now we just have to bug you and your other half deb to get out there and tag along with us to a few other stomping grounds!!!! I promise we will come by yours this year and be a thorn in your side if you come on out with us just once to all the lakes where the big one always gets away from Orv! :sHa_shakeshout:

ORV
01-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Now we just have to bug you and your other half deb to get out there and tag along with us to a few other stomping grounds!!!! I promise we will come by yours this year and be a thorn in your side if you come on out with us just once to all the lakes where the big one always gets away from Orv! :sHa_shakeshout:

ha! ha! as you missed our last trip you failed to notice who caught the most fish! . i had to stop counting as it was not fair!..lol

orv.