PDA

View Full Version : Coloured Ice Fishing Line.....

Bundo1980
12-31-2011, 08:11 AM
anyone out there using any of the new suffix neon mono ice fishing line? My brother and i were out for 2 days of walleye fishing and he considerably out fished me. Only differance was he was using normal clear mono and i had the neon suffix on. I punted the line and i am now back with old faithful clear mono.

BTW, i know i'm the better fisherman :sHa_shakeshout:

huntsfurfish
12-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Still might not have been the line.:)

Lots of other variables at work also. Jigging action/speed. Location. bait etc. Jig colors, size and type. These are just a few.

BTW, i know i'm the better fisherman

Thats not what your bro is thinking now;):)

Albertafisher
12-31-2011, 10:32 AM
You need a flouro leader. The neon line spooks the walleye.

Gerry
12-31-2011, 10:44 AM
I tried the blue ice line, ( can't remember the name or make of it. )
Took some nooby's out to Carson 2 years back.
5 of us on the ice, 2 of us using the blue line and we weren't getting ANY bites
while the others were getting fish, switched over to the usual mono and they were into fish right away.
I won't be using it again.

Kim473
12-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Vanish works for me. Gold on the surface and clear in the water.

Rumtan
12-31-2011, 01:22 PM
It stands to reason if you can see the line on a camera then i`m betting the fish can see it also. Thats just my opinion but its always made sense to me.

Willowtrail
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM
It stands to reason if you can see the line on a camera then i`m betting the fish can see it also. Thats just my opinion but its always made sense to me.

I agree. I spooled up with suffix 832 ice this year.it's fluorecent yellow, I tippid that with 6lb suffix fluorocarbon and I cant see it on the camera.

curtis_rak
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I have 6lb red Cajun Line (Cajun Red Ice) on my perch rod and its amazing. It stays straight which is a must for light perch hooks and doesnt ice up. Ive tried other colored "ice line" and this one has worked the best for me.

I also have the blue tinted 8lb Stren mono on another rod and ive caught walleye and pike no problem with that. This is just regular mono, not specific for ice fishing or anything.

That being said, I have a couple of other rods with 20b TracerBraid that i use exclusively for Pike in the wintertime. I definately catch less walleye on those rods....