PDA

View Full Version : Rack, did you like your 'No Peep'?

Stinky Coyote
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Rackmastr, just thinkin about you and the no peep, wondering what you got with it and if your still sold on it?

Rackmastr
02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
It was good....It cleared up my line of sight and my shooting was SO much more comfortable. I could shoot so much darker (in evenings) and had a better field of view overall. I was more accurate with it as well....worked easily as well as my peep.

I have it off my bow right now and I'm going to try something a touch different. Definatly worth trying though and your form will definatly benefit from it is what I found...

Rackmastr
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
As a note, if anyone is interested in buying my No-Peep, I'd be willin to sell it as I'm going to be playin with something different this year.....PM if interested...

Rackmastr
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Scratch that...its sold.

Shrubs
02-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Went and did a search to see what you guys are talkin about and dang that thing looks like something to try. I missed a mulie season before last (overshot), couldn't figure out how I missed so bad and later found that my peep sight had slid up the string.
Obviously my fault for not serving it in well enough but might not have missed had I not been using a peep.

7 REM MAG
02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
is that no peep the thing that looks like a rifle sight of somethin else?

CNP
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
is that no peep the thing that looks like a rifle sight of somethin else?

Click here (http://www.timberline-archery.com/np.asp).

7 REM MAG
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
anyone know how much they go for and where u might be able to pick one up in the edmonton area

wctbowtech
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Wholesale sports usually has them for around $45.

BigRackLover
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
It was good....It cleared up my line of sight and my shooting was SO much more comfortable. I could shoot so much darker (in evenings) and had a better field of view overall. I was more accurate with it as well....worked easily as well as my peep.

I have it off my bow right now and I'm going to try something a touch different. Definatly worth trying though and your form will definatly benefit from it is what I found...

Rack - did you end up putting on another eye alignment device?

I think I'm going to try the no-peep because I suffered from hand torque this past year and I could not tell by just using my kisser / peep sight. Almost missed a deer this year, but got lucky.

I have read a ton about it and I believe it'll help me with my form (especially torque).

Anyone - Did you use them in the field quite a bit (hunting situations)? I read that glare can be a problem and not being able to see the device lens.

I find that with my peep sight, depending on the light/time of day, things appear different - which affects my form.

Anyway I would like to try one out and get some feedback from people that have used them in the field.

From what I have read 2 leading manufacturers exists:

Timberline Archery no-peep (http://www.timberline-archery.com/)

and

Archery Innovations' Anchor Sight (http://www.archeryinnovations.com/DOCS/What%20is%20an%20Anchor%20Sight.pdf)

I use my bow for hunting primarily (3d just for fun) - so I'm interested in field feedback.

I'm going to be trying one out once I can get my hands on a used one, anybody have one for sale?

I figure it can't hurt. I might even keep my peep on as well.

I really would like to use one for low light situations.

Figured I'd bump this thread since no other threads exist about it for a year - time to chit chat again about it.

Are these things ethical? Just kidding ... :lol:

Rackmastr
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
From all the reading I have done, the guys that tried both prefer the Anchor site over the No-Peep. They do help on form a lot. I found that putting one on for the summer helped and then my form was pretty consistent enough that I didnt have to look down at it anymore....

For low light they are amazing....

I went with a larger string peep and seems like it has worked well. Its a constant battle trying to find the 'exact' thing that works for ya.....so its worth trying a few of these types of things out...

You can find them for a good deal lightly used on ArcheryTalk as well...