PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne

dakotadog
01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Has anyone been out to Lac La Nonne? I am planning to take my son out fishing for the first time and just want to see what the fishing has been like. Don't want to take him out for the first time and get skunked. Might ruin his idea of what fishing is before he gets a chance to get into it.

HunterDave
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Take him to Nakumun for perch if you want him to see some action. There are tons of smaller ones with a few bigger thrown into the mix. I've been out there a few times this year and I've never been disappointed. I'd put it allot higher on the "fun for kids" scale. GL :)

curtis_rak
01-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I will second Nakamun. Ive been out there twice in the past week and have caught countless perch there. lots of small ones in the 4-6" range, but for every 10 small ones, there seems to be a 8-10" in there.

I'd highly recommend a firetiger pattern Hali Jig and red maggots at Nakamun....

dakotadog
01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the tips on that one, I have never been out there any suggestions on where on the lake and any other suggestions on what type of eqquipment to use?

HunterDave
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the tips on that one, I have never been out there any suggestions on where on the lake and any other suggestions on what type of eqquipment to use?

Head south at Dunstable (school) and head towards Camp Nakamun about 8 kms. When you get close enough to see the lake through the trees take the range road (RR 570?) on the right just before the left bend in the road. Head west a couple of kms and turn left on the first county road. Follow it around until you see the memorial park sign on the left after a few summer villages. Turn left and it'll take you right to the parking lot. Depending on when you go you might see shelters out on the ice or spots where holes were drilled anywhere from 75 to 150 yds out. I did well about 125 yds out using a small jig tied to my line with a piece of dew worm covering the hook. I'm sure that your kid will have fun there. :)