PDA

View Full Version : delete

skidderman
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
There at first light, fished till dark. Two lousy walleye. Lost a few, lots of small pike, three of us. 8 hours driving for two fish. Good thing it was at least a nice day. Saw a black wolf on the ice. Ice thickness roughly 18 inches, no problem driving on except for a pretty bad hole crossing a ridge at shore.

mooseman1
01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
yea was there on the 28th an same story , seems to fish better in may

skidderman
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Someone from Slave Lake said that next year the Utik walleye limit is going to one fish. Just brilliant!!

Shmag
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Someone from Slave Lake said that next year the Utik walleye limit is going to one fish. Just brilliant!!

Probably...then a massive winterkill....that is the reason they have it at 3

Aside from that, i have also found Utik slow this yr. Other than lots of 3 lb jacks

highwood
01-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Utikima is fickle.....however there are plenty of LARGE `eyes to be had. Its not a simple lake to fish so don`t feel too bad if she beats you up.

Shmag
01-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Utikima is fickle.....however there are plenty of LARGE `eyes to be had. Its not a simple lake to fish so don`t feel too bad if she beats you up.

Agreed...out of all the lakes i fish, i find Utik to be the most hit and miss lake of them all. Could have a great day and return the next day to the exact same spot and get skunked.

phillcollins
01-03-2012, 03:28 PM
There at first light, fished till dark. Two lousy walleye. Lost a few, lots of small pike, three of us. 8 hours driving for two fish. Good thing it was at least a nice day. Saw a black wolf on the ice. Ice thickness roughly 18 inches, no problem driving on except for a pretty bad hole crossing a ridge at shore.

any pike, perch , you should've tried Utikima Sys...

Monster Pike Man
01-03-2012, 03:57 PM
any pike, perch , you should've tried Utikima Sys...

5 years ago utikima was awesome. Then winter killed. Not sure if it has rebounded

highwood
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Utikuma is just fine

Monster Pike Man
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Thats good to hear. Its been 2-3 years since i have been back there

skidderman
01-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Any new reports both for catch rate and ice conditions would be most appreciated. I can't believe I'm thinking about going that far again. How much a pound did you say?

outdoors forever
01-08-2012, 01:57 AM
You should bring a rifle next time - pound a wolf!! :)

Monster Pike Man
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Wolfs are cool. Driving 8 hours for 2 fish isn't. Sucks u drove all that way and didnt have much success

Speckle55
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Wolfs are cool. Driving 8 hours for 2 fish isn't. Sucks u drove all that way and didnt have much success
yep but thats fishing .. stay for 3 days to a week if you can and use the moon charts sometimes the bite is on at 3pm till 5:30 pm.
fishing is not allways the number you catch, its your friend, the road trip ,the sights you see, it is the package

woyer4
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
fishing is not allways the number you catch, its your friend, the road trip ,the sights you see, it is the package[/QUOTE]

Monster Pike Man
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
fishing is not allways the number you catch, its your friend, the road trip ,the sights you see, it is the package[/QUOTE]

The friends u go with would probably have a better time if everyone was catching. Looking down a hole or camera for 10 hours a day gets old after a while... Especially if your there a few days.... Moving all the time, drilling holes and setting up camp multiple times in a day sucks.... So make sure u bring enough beer and have some laughs... Now thats fun

Sea Hawk
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
We fished there on the weekend. Drove on at 80. the only problem is the ice heave right where you drive on. there were lot of people fishing around the island.we don't like to fish in a crowd so we moved around. The walleye were very slow for us. It took all day and about 100 holes to catch our limit.I would say about 16" of ice. Very slick to walk on.I talked to a guy on the lake who said they are catching at 86 late in the day but we never made it there.

highwood
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
This is all typical Utikuma. If you want a sure thing, it's not your best bet. But when it is on, you might be surprised what you pull up.

woyer4
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
The friends u go with would probably have a better time if everyone was catching. Looking down a hole or camera for 10 hours a day gets old after a while... Especially if your there a few days.... Moving all the time, drilling holes and setting up camp multiple times in a day sucks.... So make sure u bring enough beer and have some laughs... Now thats fun[/QUOTE]

Yes its more fun when the bite is on but its not ALL about catching its about being out there!

Shmag
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it is time for them to have a free for all on pike, last 2 times there i must of caught 50- 3 lb pike to 1 walleye.

antleraddict19
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
I was there on the 30th, fished from 330 till 515. Caught 8 walleye, 5.5 and a 4 pounder were the biggest. Went back to the same spot on the 14th and only caught 2 small walleye in 3 hours of fishing. Very hit and miss lake.