PDA

View Full Version : Great Article Pg 54 Alberta Outdoorsman Jan 2012

crawfy
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
T.J .

Great Article hopefully many of our outdoorsman and women read this Article and get the message, we as outdoorsman and women are destroying the very thing we all love to do, as the ANTI's are all watching the inhouse fighting and seeing us crumbling from within.

huntinstuff
01-02-2012, 02:34 PM
X2.....

I had my son read it too, after I read it twice.

Ryry4
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Excellent article. Like Crawfy said, I hope this opens some peoples eyes and lessens the bickering among us hunters and anglers.

Well done T.J.

BDAJ
01-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Was it Jan 2012 issue or Dec 2011 issue? I coulda sworn I read that article last month. Anywho, TJ, you hit the nail on the head. Great write up and great read. Thanks!

BDAJ

catnthehat
01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Nothing new, I read an article about 20 years ago stating the same thing, we just don't seem to get it however!
Cat

TheLegend
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Read it to. Like others said. hit the nail on the head.

pickrel pat
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
yup, good article and been goin on for years and years, rifle hunters vs bow hunters, bow hunters vs crossbows, spincast fisherman vs fly fisherman, at one time even leghold trappers vs body grip trappers. oh ya...... and people posting pics of their tire iron and shovel kills on the net..... we make the antis job easy......

The cooter
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
T.J .

Great Article hopefully many of our outdoorsman and women read this Article and get the message, we as outdoorsman and women are destroying the very thing we all love to do, as the ANTI's are all watching the inhouse fighting and seeing us crumbling from within.

:happy0034::happy0034: x2 Couldnt agree more!!!!

trophyboy
01-02-2012, 07:48 PM
It aint rocket science. I have believed in this for many years but let's all be realistic here. The in fighting will never stop simply because there are far too many hunters only concerned about their own self interests, be it guiding for the big dollars and tying up land, the natives exclusive hunting rights, the rampant trespassing and abuse of the land and property albeit by a very small percentage of hunters, the poaching of trophy animals, etc., etc., .............. We cut our own throats a long time ago and will continue to do so. Just look at the diversity of opinions on this board. There is rarely a post that doesn't end up in some sort of argument.

My future prediction is that the in fighting and all of the aforementioned activities will continue to worsen until the government has no choice but to go exclusively to paid hunting. This will happen within the next 25 years.

In the meantime, this is Alberta boys, take what you can, when you can until it's all gone.

pickrel pat
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
In the meantime, this is Alberta boys, take what you can, when you can until it's all gone.

packs brother from another mother!:)

ishootbambi
01-03-2012, 12:17 AM
yup, good article and been goin on for years and years, rifle hunters vs bow hunters, bow hunters vs crossbows, spincast fisherman vs fly fisherman, at one time even leghold trappers vs body grip trappers. oh ya...... and people posting pics of their tire iron and shovel kills on the net..... we make the antis job easy......

lolol....are you really so stunned you cant see this is exactly what the article is about? the rest of your post seems to indicate that you think you should smarten up.......

seriously, think for a minute about the irony in what you just said. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

pickrel pat
01-03-2012, 01:16 AM
lolol....are you really so stunned you cant see this is exactly what the article is about? the rest of your post seems to indicate that you think you should smarten up.......

seriously, think for a minute about the irony in what you just said. :sHa_sarcasticlol:your the "stunned" one.....op said good article tj, and basically the antis are laughing at us from our own undoing...... i said it dont help that people come on hunting sites and post pics of killing animals with tire irons and shovels! now that is a " stunned " move. and yes i see the irony of my post. did you pull the wings off flys and shoot at cats with your pellet gun too as a kid?

smarten up!

gunslinger
01-03-2012, 06:18 AM
your the "stunned" one.....op said good article tj, and basically the antis are laughing at us from our own undoing...... i said it dont help that people come on hunting sites and post pics of killing animals with tire irons and shovels! now that is a " stunned " move. and yes i see the irony of my post. did you pull the wings off flys and shoot at cats with your pellet gun too as a kid?

smarten up!

LOL that was my 0400 in the morning laugh, Pull wings off flys. lol

ishootbambi
01-03-2012, 09:21 AM
pat you really are the exact guy the article was describing. if you cant enjoy the pictures and stories here, then why bother commenting. i actually just had a chat with a guy that has some super cool hunts from the past fall that he would like to share here. he was a regular contributor here in the past, and his pictures and tales are always top notch.

he has said that all the bs whining and snivelling in nearly every thread has led him to believe its just not worth the headache on this site. for that matter, i am on the email list of quite a few guy that feel the same way. someone asked how it is that i get to see all the pics all awesome animals that dont see this place.....its simple, i appreciate the chance to have someone share their success with me.

this kind of crap is not only bad for hunters in general, but its especially bad for this forum. it seems to be getting worse with each passing month too. one that reallly sticks out is drop tines sask whitetail and all the snivelling that he got for taking off his jacket before pictures. and how about the spear hunting video from africa....or the guy that stabbed a bear....

ive posted yesterdays success and pics to go with. another badger died, is that ok? i sure hope i didnt offend anyone by posting a dead animal on a hunting forum.

sheephunter
01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the kind words all!

ISB, I think we've all been guilty of it at one time or another, you included. I wrote the column with the hopes it might make all of us look in the mirror. You are right that many people won't post pictures on here because of the peanut gallery and that's sad. This board should be about hunters sharing and celebrating success. Perhaps a New Year's resolution?

ishootbambi
01-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the kind words all!

ISB, I think we've all been guilty of it at one time or another, you included. I wrote the column with the hopes it might make all of us look in the mirror. You are right that many people won't post pictures on here because of the peanut gallery and that's sad. This board should be about hunters sharing and celebrating success. Perhaps a New Year's resolution?

no doubt about it sheep...i have made comments that have offended some here. i do try hard to offer a congrats to each and every successsful hunter that shares something with us all. i dont discriminate, it goes for younger bucks and bulls, and even female animals. the poster doesnt slow me down either, even if he/she has fired a cheap shot my way before, they still get a congratulations. my weakness is that i cant let a lie slide. when i see BS i just cant look the other way.

i cant promise, but ill try to do better. :)

even for all the crap that comes my way, i wont stop sharing my adventures either. sometimes i get a shot of something cool and its not a perfect photo....little fuzzy or too dark. i figure a less than perfect pic is better to share than no pic.

ShawnM
01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Thx for the article Sheephunter, you've highlighted the need for the sporting communities to be cohesive in the face of people who would try to see our lifestyle changed to suit their own beliefs.