PDA

View Full Version : Muley bucks coming into coyote calls!

1BUCKWILD1
01-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I have heard of people calling coyotes with a fawn in distress call and they have mule deer coming into the call! And they say it is some of the biggest mule deer they have seen! Lol I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before!?

huntin
01-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I be heard of people calling coyotes

What

Bassett
01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
My neighbour shot the biggest buck hes got by calling him in with a rabbit in distress call. He put his finger in the end of the call and did a light call, hes called in muledeer before and ive seen him do it!

Redfrog
01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
I have an antler call that can do a wide range of sounds. I've called elk , moose, bears, wolves, martin, fisher, weasel, coyotes fox and hundreds of deer, both white tail and mulies.
Usually it is the does that come in to a fawn distress, but during the rut, the bucks are usually with the does and follow them in. I have had bucks come into the fawn distress to less than 10 yards and paw the ground, while they ae tossing their racks. One particular time I had to stand up and yell as one came charging up the dirt pile at a dugout, with three of us sitting atop it in out ghillie suits.:sHa_shakeshout:

I\ve had clients jump up as a herd of over 20 mule does surrounded us. we were sitting on the ground in our ghillies. I had called them from a mile away across the open prairie. Every time they would start to walk away I would blow the call and they would come back stomping. I thought it was hilarious, my clients not so much:)

JJ-65
01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
The OLT T-20 is good for callin up deer, the does come mad.:)

trigger7mm
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I've had muley does come to a rabbit distress call many times. I think they are just curious.

James M
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I called in 11 mule deer in one day with a predator call last year. 4 mule bucks in one group and then across the road another group of 7 bucks and doe's.

whitetail Junkie
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I called in 11 mule deer in one day with a predator call last year. 4 mule bucks in one group and then across the road another group of 7 bucks and doe's.

I knew Muledeer were'nt bright,but after reading this thread,I now realize that they are borderline mentally challenged.:scared:

Lefty-Canuck
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I knew Muledeer were'nt bright,but after reading this thread,I now realize that they are borderline mentally challenged.:scared:

Don't say that here...according to some mule deer does are smarter than dolphins :)

LC :)

whitetail Junkie
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't say that here...according to some mule deer does are smarter than dolphins :)

LC :)

:lol:

roger
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I have heard of people calling coyotes with a fawn in distress call and they have mule deer coming into the call! And they say it is some of the biggest mule deer they have seen! Lol I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before!?

redfrog is bang on!
it happens lots n lots.
the pred call is an amazing hunting device, magpies, chickadees, raptors, owls, lynx, cougar, wolves, sometimes foxes...everybody comes to check it out.
i hope to call a bear sometime.

1BUCKWILD1
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all the great stories I never new that this happens so regularly I have never called anything but coyotes with my rabbit distress call! Do any of you guys call for deer during november to get them in or just when it happens when you are totes hunting?

huntin
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the great stories I never new that this happens so regularly I have never called anything but coyotes with my rabbit distress call! Do any of you guys call for deer during november to get them in or just when it happens when you are totes hunting?

I use the fawn in destress if there is a buck with does to bring him closer. It is a great trick as said you can bring them does in for miles and if the buck is chasing tail he'll come running too.

medicmoose
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I called in 3 whitetails last winter with pup in distress.

pickrel pat
01-02-2012, 08:40 PM
no wonder deer populations are down......... wolves just call them in!....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

hayseed
01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
no wonder deer populations are down......... Wolves just call them in!....:sha_sarcasticlol:

^^^^^.....lol.....:)