PDA

View Full Version : fishing around lethbridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

braxxtonn
01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
hey guys fairly new to lethbridge, love catching walleye and perch,
what are some decent lakes to fish around here??
Been to grassy , it's been a lil slow lately,
wouldn't mind fishing a trout lake or go for some walleye and perch or even some big jack..
please help me out here guys!!
thanks

npauls
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Check out a map. Any of the bigger lakes around here hold pike and walleye. Pretty tough to find perch around the Lethbridge area. Your best bet is grassy for perch.

If you want someone where close for pike you could hit park lake or keho. I would also suggest Henderson but last time I was there it had quite a bit of open water and I don't think it has been anywhere near cold enough to freeze it enough to fish on.

hacman
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Not much for trout around here either, pretty much have to drive west to Payne, Beauvais or Lees. If you don't want to drive too far, Nic. Sheran on the west-side is stocked with larger brookies and you can catch pike there as well. On the way to Grassy, we have had luck for pike at Fincastle and the Taber sugar factory lake in the boat but have not fished it through the ice.

braxxtonn
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
What lake would be number 1 for walleye?

npauls
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Through the ice it is tough to say.

I would say try Ridge but where on the lake is a guess for me since I haven't really ever ice fished it. I fish it quite often during open water season when my boat is running and I would probably try most of my open water spots just to see what is going on and go from there.

St.Mary is a really big lake and if you have never fished the lake you will have trouble finding good walleye spots for the most part. They drop the water quite a bit in the fall most years so that can change where the eyes will hang out during ice season.

Chin had a ton of open water so I wouldn't really bother heading there for awhile. I also wouldn't really know where to start looking on the lake but would try my open water spots if I did head there.

Keho has eyes but they can be really tough to find and catch. There really isn't very much structure on the lake so it is tough to focus on any areas to check out besides the usual inlet canal, outlet canal, and boat launch area. Most fishermen/women that fish the areas mentioned are either going for pike or whites with very few actually targeting eyes.

Hopefully this helps you out. I am not sure how the ice conditions are on these lakes other then chin so maybe ask around and see what you can find out. With all this warm weather and wind I could see most of them having some open water.