PDA

View Full Version : cold lake boat launch

laker taker2
01-02-2012, 07:48 PM
does anyone know about the boat launch in the cold lake provincial park on the Saskatchewan side of the lake? it is at the mouth of the cold river accessed by hwy 919.
I was there a few years back and launched my 18ft boat just off the gravel beach behind a 4X4 truck with out issue. this year I have a motorhome and really need a boat launch, not a beach. the info on Sask tourism says that there is one, but I'm curoius if what we used was considered a launch or not.
we nevered ventured into the camping area that year, but did see some camping trailers.

castle.stone
03-06-2015, 12:28 AM
How did you make out with this? I'm thinking of ice fishing this side of the lake and was wondering how the access onto the lake is from the east side. Save me driving all the way across the lake.

Thanks!

pikehunter1989
03-06-2015, 10:16 AM
How did you make out with this? I'm thinking of ice fishing this side of the lake and was wondering how the access onto the lake is from the east side. Save me driving all the way across the lake.

Thanks!

I would imagine the river is flowing and wide open... If not ice is likely very thin as it's right at the mouth of the river pretty much. I'm hearing it's a bit nasty getting around since we had 60 km/hr winds earlier this week. Some deep drifts and crusted top layer.. Bring a good shovel. Was told to keep it pinned at 30-40 km/hr and dont stop or slow down till you need to or you'll break through the top crust. I'll be attempting to head to the sask side this weekend...

35 whelen
03-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Was at mouth of river yesterday east side ,could not see any flow from a few hundred yrds out ,lots of drifts on east side tough quading there ,

pikehunter1989
03-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Was at mouth of river yesterday east side ,could not see any flow from a few hundred yrds out ,lots of drifts on east side tough quading there ,

How'd you make out?