PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about a drowning in Sask ?

Teamprotz
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Wondering if anyone heard about a truck going through at possibly Lac Des Isles and someone not making it?

Dark Horn
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Didnt hear about that but have heard a fellow went through on Primrose a couple days ago and unfortuneately didnt make it. Heard another went through today.

Teamprotz
01-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Heard one was from Goodsoil area , could have been Primrose lake.

nicemustang
01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Last week a quad went through on last mountain, one made it out, still haven't found the other....

338Bluff
01-02-2012, 09:32 PM
We were fishing Hirtz Lake (by Pierce) and heard the sirens at about 10:30
Sat morning. When we got out to the Goodsoil Store we heard from a local that a man and his wife went through while checking their nets on Primrose and had to swim for it. He did not make it.

LacLaBicheNS
01-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I haven't heard anything about the OP but, I didn't think anyone was allowed on primrose since its in the weapons range?

338Bluff
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I haven't heard anything about the OP but, I didn't think anyone was allowed on primrose since its in the weapons range?

There is a commercial season.

fish farmer
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
We were fishing Hirtz Lake (by Pierce) and heard the sirens at about 10:30
Sat morning. When we got out to the Goodsoil Store we heard from a local that a man and his wife went through while checking their nets on Primrose and had to swim for it. He did not make it.

How is the ice fishing for eyes at hirtz?

C Taylor
01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
It was very slow on hirtz. Could of been the weather tho

TJG
01-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Last week a quad went through on last mountain, one made it out, still haven't found the other....

This is correct. Father and son in a side-by-side. At Grandview beach.
On the opposite side from there, about 20 fisherman where stranded
on the ice when it heaved and opened up a 3 meter gap between them
and land. A resident from Alice beach heard the ice crack like a clap of thunder
and water shooting straight up. He helped them off with ropes, ladders and wood. Guess he got a pail in the head for his trouble, one fisherman
was not willing to leave his fish behind :snapoutofit:
A side -by-side went in at Sylvan the other day too.

Dr. Fish
01-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Wondering if anyone heard about a truck going through at possibly Lac Des Isles and someone not making it?

Ya heard about this, but dont have any details.
Ice is really sketchy on some lakes this year with no snow and warmer temps.

HunterDave
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
On the opposite side from there, about 20 fisherman where stranded on the ice when it heaved and opened up a 3 meter gap between them and land. A resident from Alice beach heard the ice crack like a clap of thunder and water shooting straight up.

I've experienced that phenomena and it's pretty scary if you don't know what it is. It sounds like rolling thunder coming across the lake leading up to the clap of thunder. I believe that air accumulates under the ice and when there's enough of it it starts to move and pick up speed. Once it hits the shore it heaves the ice up when it escapes. Scary stuff and the reason that people didn't fish too close to shore on the bigger lakes that were notorious for it happening.

Is it normal to hear about all of these people going through the ice or is this an unusual year for some reason?