PDA

View Full Version : Northern AB Taxidermists

Elkaholic6
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Anyone know of any good taxidermists I can take a buck to get euro mounted that doesn't charge an arm and a leg?? Preferably in the Peace Country.. Always enjoy mounts from other Taxidermists instead of all of them being from the same guy...

addictedhunter
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
you should try to do it yourself its not that hard and very rewarding.Todd and Ken do great work but you know of them im sure.like i said its not hard and it feels good when you ve done it yourself.

Elkaholic6
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
you should try to do it yourself its not that hard and very rewarding.Todd and Ken do great work but you know of them im sure.like i said its not hard and it feels good when you ve done it yourself.

Todd and Ken??

airbornedeerhunter
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Do it yourself, my buddy showed me last year, very easy! Did my whitey from this year the other day, finishing off my wolf tomorrow. Vids on youtube!

Elkaholic6
01-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Rather not do it myself because I want some tines fixed.

outdoors forever
01-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I have a whitetail head at Andy Trudeau's place, Tru Taxidermy, in Jean Cote.

I went to visit him, and I think he does a really nice job on head and euro mounts. And much better priced than the 2 other guys I have used.

A full shoulder mount is $650.00. Turn around time about 10 months.

I'm like you, Chad, I want to find and use a few different guys, see how I like them.

outdoors forever
01-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Getting the "wolf kill" buck done??

Elkaholic6
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Getting the "wolf kill" buck done??

You bet Paul. Guy on my hockey team (Hoyt82) told me about that place in Jean Cote. Might have to call and get a price. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of his shoulder mounts either for that price. Golany does european's for a decent price, but I already have one from him and if I got this one done that'd be 3 of the same euro's in the house... Too boring.

dale7637
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I have a whitetail head at Andy Trudeau's place, Tru Taxidermy, in Jean Cote.

I went to visit him, and I think he does a really nice job on head and euro mounts. And much better priced than the 2 other guys I have used.

A full shoulder mount is $650.00. Turn around time about 10 months.

I'm like you, Chad, I want to find and use a few different guys, see how I like them.

Been using Andy for about five years. He is awesome! He has done my bear, 3 deer, couple birds and hopefully a marten soon. I would recommend him anytime.

Rackmastr
01-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Do it yourself, my buddy showed me last year, very easy! Did my whitey from this year the other day, finishing off my wolf tomorrow. Vids on youtube!

Any pics of the buck you just finished?

outdoors forever
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Been using Andy for about five years. He is awesome! He has done my bear, 3 deer, couple birds and hopefully a marten soon. I would recommend him anytime.

I left my marten with him as well - he had one in his showroom and it was a beauty!
Its my first "non - deer" taxidermy ( well, I have an owl coming, but its been two years now.... :scared: from another taxi guy ) so I am pretty excited to get the marten back.

airbornedeerhunter
01-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Any pics of the buck you just finished?

Here they are, not the biggest deer I've ever shot but I did'nt have a lot of time to hunt this Novemeber, the wolf more than made up for it though! Still have to wait for the wolf to completely dry before I put the weldbond on to really whiten it up!

lake side
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Good Job. Did you get the wolf around Boyle as well?

airbornedeerhunter
01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
good job. Did you get the wolf around boyle as well?

ishootbambi
01-03-2012, 11:38 PM

thats actually something you can do yourself easy enough too. i posted a step by step of one i did last year. if you want help just ask.

addictedhunter
01-04-2012, 09:56 AM
todd lowen out of valleyview

jim summit
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Trigger Taxidermy, quick turn around, couple months and
very reasonable price for shoulder mount, under $600.
Based in La crete.