PDA

View Full Version : Can I sell green hides or whats the legal req's?

Rantastic
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
So my freezer is full to the max and I really have to figure out something to do with his stuff and I'd really appreciate some of the legal info and I can never think of phoning F an W during business hours.

I have a frozen elk cape off my big 5x5 this year, and 3 frozen 5.5ft black bear hides, also a frozen fox in perfect condition I have a found dead permit for. I don't mind if I must end up giving this stuff away but I'd rather see a couple bucks from them to help with hunting costs.

Now I had and may have plans for these hides still but I am just curious about my options... Any information that is 100% and not just your opinion would be great, thanks

Can I just sell them to anyone for cash green? or after they are tanned? or only to registered trappers or furbuyers? or do I have to get special permits to sell?

huntin
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
not sure about the bears but I get credit with my taxidermist when i give him capes i will not be mounting. gives me 150-200 for elk 100 for muledeeer and 50-100 for w/t

pseelk
01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
As far as I know you can only sell green hides to a licsenced fur buyer.Some taxi"s have licences to buy raw hides.