PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Touchwood ?

bighook902
01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I haven't been out yet and just wondering if anyone has been to Touchwood and how the fishing is going

blackonblackfx4
01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Quads can go alOng shore. But there are huge ice piles with thin ice around them. Didn't catch anything

bighook902
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks

sco22
01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I was there last week for 4 days. We fished Spencer and Touchwood. Blackonblackfx4 is right - you can get around on the shoreline. We saw one fellow right out close to the heave, but he walked out. Ice was solid, but that lake is tricky for freezing. Fishing was the pits. I actually caught a shiner on a chain dropper with a maggot. And that was my biggest fish of that day. Spencer was better and the pike looked very healthy, but the walleye were all small. We chatted with a CO doing the creel census and he confirmed that fishing had been very slow on Touchwood, Seibert and Spencer.

Cheers.

bighook902
01-04-2012, 03:51 PM
A very big thank you. Very helpful

blackonblackfx4
01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I was there last week for 4 days. We fished Spencer and Touchwood. Blackonblackfx4 is right - you can get around on the shoreline. We saw one fellow right out close to the heave, but he walked out. Ice was solid, but that lake is tricky for freezing. Fishing was the pits. I actually caught a shiner on a chain dropper with a maggot. And that was my biggest fish of that day. Spencer was better and the pike looked very healthy, but the walleye were all small. We chatted with a CO doing the creel census and he confirmed that fishing had been very slow on Touchwood, Seibert and Spencer.

Cheers.

We couldn't pull a keeper out of spencer either. Too bad there's no big walleye

sco22
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I was very surprised about the size of the walleye in Spencer given that I have fished that lake for over 15 years. Generally speaking, there has been a nice size variety there with most in the 42-48 cm class. Even more surprising was the pike we caught and saw on the camera. For the last few years, the pike have been very thin but long lengths. For example, last year I caught a 70 cm pike that didn't weigh 2 pounds. The one we kept this year was 78 cm and very thick. We saw a few more just like it on the camera.

I am hopeful that the big walleye were just hanging around somewhere else.

Cheers.

Levy
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The ice was good between the Siebert Dabbs trail, didn't see any evidence of ice fishing on the south side of the lake though.