PDA

View Full Version : Ice tent sale

calgarygringo
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Just got a notice in my email of this weekends Crappy Tire sale for anyone looking for a new tent or auger there are a few buys there. There is a few Clams, the usual Sub Zero, and the Eskimo Fatfish 4 man is also on for 249. I saw an Eskimo auger in there as well. Sale starts tomorrow if anyone is looking.

Jack&7
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm..

Just went to the Crappy Tire site and for some reason, not one ice fishing item would show a sale price. And when you click on the left side "show sale items only", nothing comes up????

Maybe a prob with the site?

maybe a prob with me?

Jack&7
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Just looked at the print flyer which came with the local town paper...it has all the stuff on sale in it. Starts Friday.

WayneChristie
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
C T site always sucks, if it isnt way behind it misses things altogether

stupidkid107
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Since the sale doesnt start until friday, the sale prices wont be on their website til friday. you'll have to get a hold of the paper flyer

calgarygringo
01-05-2012, 06:25 AM
I just looked and the flyer is now up on the main site. Sale starts today.
Benefits of getting some of the flyer notifications online is you usually see them a day or 2 before they hit the street.

italk2u
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Has anyone ever seen an ice point for an 8 inch Eskimo auger at CT?
I went to the fishin' hole and wholesale this week and neither has them.
The guy at the hole told me i should go see the lawnmower hospital(WTF)?

sraak
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey! First post here but I've been lurking for a while.

I'm really happy to have stumbled across this post. I went over to a Canadian Tire this morning and picked up a FatFish for $250. They had it for 350$ before, come on! Sale started this morning (Jan 5th).

I'm actually replacing another FatFish that I had to return after using it 4 times since Dec 16th, a tent pole blew through a pole pocket at one of the tent corners. I was pretty annoyed that it broke so quickly but I'm sold on the shape of the tent so I'll give it another go. These tents are sold out pretty much everywhere too, I grabbed the last one at Dalhousie and Shaganappi but I think they may have some at the store off Sarcee in the NW.

If you're thinking about this tent here are a couple of things I learned:

1. The 6 ice anchors supplied are not enough for breezy and/or shifty conditions. Do yourself a favour and pick up an extra (2) two and use 4 wall hub anchor lines. I think it adds rigidity to the tent in higher winds plus if the wind does a 180 you don't need to reset the lines.

2. Lengthen the lines that hold out the side hubs. Due to the shorter length they tend to pull more down than up, lengthening the lines helps hold them out.

Just moved to the province at the beginning of November with my lady and we've been to Chain, Spray and Chestermere. The fishing has been great so far, unfortunately all our bass fishing tackle is useless here!

calgarygringo
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes some of your gear here will not match but most you can use other than some of the lures. As far as the Fatfish goes go out with 8 pegs and put down 4 for the tent and 4 for the hub straps and you will stay put. We have been out in 3 hurricanes lately and been fine. With the larger base it does also catch the wind more than others but the extra space inside is well worth it.

HunterDave
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I received the on line flyer via email. Personally, I didn't see anything in it that I was overly impressed with. I find that the regular prices at CT are usually higher than the price for the same item at The Fishin Hole. I'd be comparing the sale prices to the regular prices elsewhere before buying anything. $100 off something that is regularly priced $100 more than someone else is not a great deal.

The Boxing Day sales spoiled me a bit as well. :)

Teamprotz
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Hole was sold out and couldn't get to BPS , so some of us appreciate the info and have to bite the bullet for a small saving. Was looking at a 949I on kijiji , but $435 is his best price shipped.

craggerss
01-06-2012, 08:20 AM
If anyone is looking for an ice fishing hut, i would wait till January 13, there is a sale at Canadian tire for an eskimo combo pack that includes a an eskimo quickfish 2 shelter ,a chair,a sled and a travel cover. Regular price $399, sale price $199. I know of the sales 3 weeks in advance :sHa_shakeshout:

Teamprotz
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Picked up the only one in Lloyd first thing , kids are fighting in it in the living room right now. Had a zipper issue where it kept pulling apart , could use some zipper lube! Its huge :sHa_shakeshout:. Too bad I probably won't be using it on Cold lake for a while , too big to set up in my boat :thinking-006: