PDA

View Full Version : Which Foxpro???

GummyMonster
01-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Morning,
Decided that a fox pro e caller will be the one I get.(hoping for a sale in summertime.
Like the Prairie Blaster with built in decoy, but at $700 plus, not sure If I need the high end model.
Want to use it for coyotes, wolves, and fox, North of Grande Prairie area.
Is this the best one, or way too overkill?
If you have a foxpro, what model and what are your likes/dislikes of it?
Thank's in advance,
Ken

njd03
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I ordered the wildfire last week from Foxpro. Couldnt find it in stock anywhere so ordered right from them. For me I didnt want to spend crazy money on a caller but this one seemed a little better than the spitfire for the price diff. Cant wait to try it. Get what you can afford!

yamaha 1
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I have the Spitfire and I love it, but like I said in another post it just is not that loud in the windy days. I'm thinking of adding an exernal speaker. The spitfire runs around $200 add an extra speaker extra $40, alot cheaper then the high end modle. The Spitfire comes with a remote and you can load any calls you want into it.

fish_e_o
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
i have the prairie blaster and it's too big. it's great in every other way but it's freaking huge

MWD 800
01-05-2012, 10:33 AM
i have the prairie blaster and it's too big. it's great in every other way but it's freaking huge

I agree. I rarely use it because its so heavy to walk in a mile to a spot with it. The sounds are awesome though. The decoy is cool but to do it again I wouldn't go with the Prairie Blaster model.

Joe

JohninAB
01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I have the Fury. Small and easily carried into a stand. Loud, lots of features. If I did it again, probably go with the Firestorm as not sure I need as many calls as I can download on the Fury and would like to have FoxBang which is an $85 send your unit back to Foxpro deal but comes standard on the Wildfire and Firestorm. Go figure.

stinkynuts
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I just ordered the NX3 for 200 bucks it has a lot of good options comes with 50 calls witch you can customize and I feel the remote is fairly useless as the call does not have to be far away when useing it

bigmeadow
01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I bought a scorpion and it's surprisingly loud and have called in 7 coyotes and had the wolves howling. It's very compact and good if you like to do some walking.

I'm very happy with mine!

Bearen09
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I have the Prairie Blaster and it is the loudest and best sound on the maket..
The wieght is ok because I use a back pack on my way in and after the dogs are down my hands are free..

demolition101
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I have a foxpro spitfire. It's good for the price $230. Like previously said its a little quiet on windy days but it's loud enough to call with. Bought a jack critter for $60 that can plug in and be controlled by the remote. So for $300 you can have an ecaller and a decoy. My 2 cents

eric2381
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I have the CS-24b. It's really loud and has great sound, foxbang, lightweight.