PDA

View Full Version : Newell ice conditions

Paule
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Wondering on ice thickness at jack fish bay..... Anybody fishing by the island? Any reports from Newell would be appreciated!

jts1
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
We were in the bay on Sunday by the islands and there was a foot of ice. But after this Weeks weather. Who knows. Was thinking of going down there again this weekend but may just hit one of the k lakes and not go for a swim.

WayneChristie
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
We were in the bay on Sunday by the islands and there was a foot of ice. But after this Weeks weather. Who knows. Was thinking of going down there again this weekend but may just hit one of the k lakes and not go for a swim.

wuss, Im going to be fishing it, worst case i will hit the other bay and fish closer to shore. I think you are afraid of my huge comeback I plan for this weekend! your horseshoes have to be getting rusty by now :bad_boys_20:

calgarygringo
01-05-2012, 05:35 PM
We would prefer going south/east this weekend but have wuss'd out and are going to do Burntstick instead. By next week some -20 nights should get that south and east ice ready for the following weekend.

WayneChristie
01-05-2012, 05:58 PM
not supposed to be much wind Saturday, you will miss one of the few days you dont need 15 anchors! we had a huge dust storm yesterday, I have to keep l;ooking at my calendar to see what month it is!

WayneChristie
01-05-2012, 06:01 PM
supposed to be plus 12 Monday, this isnt fair, Im just starting to like this ice fishing stuff, cant afford a boat yet!!!! I will post a Newell ice report Saturday when I get home, hopefully I wont need the waders!

calgarygringo
01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Good chance we will come down next week end assuming the weatherman is correct and things freeze up to where they should be.