PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Lake Any Good?

stinkynuts
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone got some info on this lake I see on I fish Burbot 10 Whitefish 10 Perch 15 Pike 3 over 63 and Walleye 3 over 50 the limits seem good what is the fishing actually like any good ? anyone got any info they might like to share ? or do I have to go in Blind ?. Saddle lake is fairly close to me but I guess I alaways just over looked it

mikeym
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Are you talking Saddlelake on the Saddlelake Reserve?

if so then i supplied the pumps for the new water treatment plant up there and talking to the contractors that installed them, the fishing was pretty decent from what they told me.
they didn't spend a lot of time fishing it but they said they caught some decent sized jacks from there.

the only problem i can see is that it is in the middle of the reserve so access could be an issue.

rgds
Mike

stinkynuts
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Good to hear the fishing is good and yes that is my only worry is if some jerks might try to bully a guy and yes saddle lake by st paul

spaded
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I have heard the pike fishing isn't to bad...

Myself you would not catch me fishing there as I have heard some stories, they date back alittle.... but still not worth the risk or trouble fishing there.

Good luck man, you are brave if you go

fish farmer
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Be prepared for a confrontation. Not saying it will happen but many people have been chased off the lake by locals before.

Kim473
01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
The saddle lake reserve is one of the worst for un-nice people out of all the reserves in the area. They even boycotted shopping right in St Paul a few years back. Don't know if it is still going on. I myself would not go there. There are too many other good lakes in the area, all less than one hour from St.Paul if that is your starting point. TOO RISKY! JMO.