PDA

View Full Version : rabbit hunting

hafwit
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I would like to take pup out on the weekend and am wondering if there are any big game hunters who might have seen a number of rabbits this fall. not looking for specifics, just generally. within 2 hours of edmonton?

Coniferous
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Calahoo has quite a few lately and the forests along the Pembina near Drayton has a lot, Drayton is easier to find crownland

Erik
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Calahoo has quite a few lately and the forests along the Pembina near Drayton has a lot, Drayton is easier to find crownland

This is true but beware of wolves. So many wolf tracks in there this year I was afraid to let the hounds out for a run. If you just want to get the dog out on a trail and can dispense with the hunting aspect of it then try Sherwood Park offleash and Terwilligar offleash (along the hillside). I can hardly take the girls to the park any longer :(

bluetick
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Erik
Stop talking like a little girl:)
Put a bell on the dogs and hit the bush .west to drayton area.

Erik
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Erik
Stop talking like a little girl:)
Put a bell on the dogs and hit the bush .west to drayton area.

I was hunting deer in around Lodgepole in November. It was like 3 wolf tracks to every deer track in some places. :thinking-006:

The girls ran a lynx while I was out in B.C. and that had me getting a little over protective of them. What I really need is the Garmin Astro.