PDA

View Full Version : Florida Fishing Trip

DustDee
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm taking a trip to Florida with the family later this spring!!! My wife has given permission for me to take one day to go fishing. I'm trying to make up my mind as to where I want to go fishing. I was hoping to get some advise from the wise folks here on the forum!

1. Large mouth bass fishing in Lake Tohopekaliga
2. Inshore fishing on the Indian River (Snook, Tarpon, Redfish, Grouper, Snapper)
3. Offshore fishing in the Ponce Inlet area (Amberjack, Baracuda, Dolphin, Snapper, Grouper, Jack Crevalle, Sailfish, Tuna, Snook, Redfish)

If any of you have been fishing down there and know of any good guides (or bad guides to stay away from) that would also be helpful. We'll be staying in Orlando for a few days, and Daytona for a few days, so I'm looking in those areas.

Thanks,

Dusty

densa44
01-05-2012, 06:09 PM
If your are taking the family there are ways that you can all fish and they will catch something and it won't cost much. Bud and Marys at the South end of Islamorada has a party boat and they provide tackle licences, bait fish cleaning. The tackle is crude but the experience is awesome. Swimming under their docks, they are the dock site for many deep water guides, are hundreds of tarpon.

After the family does its thing you will have had a chance to speak to a few locals and have a go. I wouldn't book in advance because weather does count, for me anyway.

We'll be in Macacombe key in March and we are going to fish the flats in sea kayaks, it should be a blast!

DustDee
01-06-2012, 12:04 AM
The kids are 1 and 3. My wife and my mother say they will just go shopping for the day and see some sights.

I love fly fishing, so I'm really leaning towards fly fishing the flats of the Indian River (Mosquito Lagoon and area). But the other 2 fishing trips would be pretty awesome too!

So much fishing; so little time...