PDA

View Full Version : Gopro mounted on my 22-250

scooter123
01-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey guys I got a gopro camera for christmas and I have it mounted on my 22-250 for coyote hunting......hope to get some cool video!!!

I know guys have mounted them on 12 gauge shot guns......Has anyone tried them on a rifile????

scooter123
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u124/rogerpbarnes/gun.jpg

C Taylor
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Can't say it looks purrty but it should be fun. I'd be interested how it works.

Bushmaster
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Gonna need a pretty good zoom on the camera or the coyote is gonna hafta be close. What is the zoom?

albertadeer
01-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Gonna need a pretty good zoom on the camera or the coyote is gonna hafta be close. What is the zoom?

There is no zoom on Gopros, They are for point of view shots. They have a fish eye lens and take wicked video!

This should be pretty good!

scooter123
01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Ya sucks thats there is no zoom but I have my sony video cam for that....hope to get one in close enough to get it on video...we will see:)

Bushmaster
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Definitely looking forward to your pics....good luck.

Kale_M
01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
take some test videos on some targets. I would be intrested to see how much the recoil effects it

trapshooter
01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Here is a video I made this past week! I love making huntin videos, It is an addiction!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO-at87gbX8

scooter123
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Well I got out this morning to try out the gopro camera and had a coyote come in on my first set and hold up at about 305 yards and he was heading for the woods and stoped for one last look and it was last look he will ever take:sHa_shakeshout:
I had my sony video camera as well but when I went to set it up the battery was dead:angry3: So with the go pro there is no zoom so I dont get the kill shot

here is a short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21MAV0d6vI

Kale_M
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I think this camera would work well on shotgun for yotes or ducks. Kinda sucks that you cannot zoom. I am picking up a camera here soon. going to try and get some hunts on film. Went with a buddy the other day and we got 2 kills on film

wally338
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Can you mount it so the camera so it is looking thru the scope

Twobucks
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I haven't mounted a GoPro to a rifle, but I've strapped them on lots of other things - I'd try pointing it back to get your face when you're shooting.

Another suggestion - if I was shooting hunting vids with it, I'd experiment with timelapse video. Sun coming up, you working a coyote stand, weather rolling in or out: timelapse is great for condensing action and bringing big slow moving things to life.

To make a finished video you'd need to have your other camera set up for the rest of your (camera) shots tho. Are you shooting in the R3 (60fps) mode? It gives a slightly wider field of view and allows smoother slow motion.

Those little cameras are changing video like nothing else - watch things like Discovery Channel or virtually any reality show and try and spot the number of times GoPro shots are used.

Twobucks
01-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Can you mount it so the camera so it is looking thru the scope

No - You'd have to mount a second dummy scope to the rifle to get that shot, and even then it would be difficult if not impossible to get the lenses lined up correctly. Those cameras take great pictures but they also need tons of light - I think even a well aligned scope would leave you with a pretty poor quality image.

rhuntley12
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Where did you pick up the camera? Been wanting to get something like that to mount on horses bridle when we go riding.

Edit: Nevermind just checked bestbuy website and they are there. When I looked awhile back couldn't find them in Canada.

JohnB
01-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Where did you pick up the camera? Been wanting to get something like that to mount on horses bridle when we go riding.

Edit: Nevermind just checked bestbuy website and they are there. When I looked awhile back couldn't find them in Canada.

There are a few places in Grande Prairie that are carry them; you could order one from this place http://www.campbellcameras.com/.