01-06-2012, 08:38 PM
13.5 inches

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/Picturesfromfuji057.jpg

stinkynuts
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Right around that pound and a half back in the day when Fork lake was producing

Levy
01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
520 grams unless my scale was lying in that case 13 inches and PHAT!!! I have seen 14 inches but never caught.

ishootbambi
01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
digital scale said i broke 2 pounds half a dozen times. first one i caught on a len thompson spoon while looking for pike. elkwater lake used to be full of them. i dont know these days, but i havent heard of them that size for quite a while.

horsetrader
01-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Little over 2lbs about 14-14.5 inches

WayneChristie
01-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I know where some 15 inchers are, but the gov puts 4 inch trout in there so no use catching the perch anyways :argue2:

Backwoods boy
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
My biggest perch was...BIG! :D These ones were about 13 inches, roughly 1.5 - 2 pounds. Im 6 foot 1 and I don't have small hands...lol

fish farmer
01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I know where some 15 inchers are, but the gov puts 4 inch trout in there so no use catching the perch anyways :argue2:

Care to elaborate? I'd gladly catch and release 15 inch perch.

WayneChristie
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Care to elaborate? I'd gladly catch and release 15 inch perch.

thats one spot thats well published. just have to look a bit. should see the look on a little kids face when they haul one of those in! havent fished it yet this winter, I dont know if theres even any ice left now. oh and the bikinis in the summer are just a bonus :bad_boys_20:

npauls
01-06-2012, 09:49 PM

I don't think there is 15" perch in there Wayne.

There may be the odd one in the 13" range but I can't see that place producing huge humpies in the 15" mark if it is the place I am thinking of.

WayneChristie
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think there is 15" perch in there Wayne.

There may be the odd one in the 13" range but I can't see that place producing huge humpies in the 15" mark if it is the place I am thinking of.

I thought the same thing, after another in a long line of hundred plus perch days, until I tried a new area with minnows for bait. :bad_boys_20: most people hit the fringes but thats not where they are. dont know how many humpies are in there, but there were a lot on the camera.

npauls
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I will get out there and check things out but I will be really surprised if there is 15"ers in there.

If there is and I can get them to bite I will measure them up on my weigh board and take some pics. And if they are that big I will be out there on a regular basis smashing them.

WayneChristie
01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
half way down the east shore, edge of the weeds about 30 or 40 feet out. used one of my homemades with a red bead for a head and a small minnow. didnt get any up for pics, maybe next time, got bigger fish to "fry" for now. found a great walleye spot if you are ever down this way, fishing for bait tomorrow morning then hitting them after that.

highwood
01-06-2012, 10:11 PM
16 inches

npauls
01-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I was actually out in your area on Monday with a couple buddies doing some exploring.

Really windy out there and a really slow bite. We did check out some cool spots but they didn't produce anything really for us.

I am hoping to be out there in the near future to explore around some more and hopefully find a few spots that I can haul up some eyes.

HunterDave
01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I used to catch them in the St Lawrence River when I was a kid and they were BIG!!!!. No problem getting 2 nice fillets from them. :) No idea what the weight or length was though.

WayneChristie
01-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I was actually out in your area on Monday with a couple buddies doing some exploring.

Really windy out there and a really slow bite. We did check out some cool spots but they didn't produce anything really for us.

I am hoping to be out there in the near future to explore around some more and hopefully find a few spots that I can haul up some eyes.

let me know for next time, I will put you on some eyes. hitting them on Sunday probably, got some awesome bait the other day.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF4128.jpg
Biggest perch Ive ever caught was in DEEP at Sylvan, filleted them they were so big, and TASTY!!!!

HOSSTONE1
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
13.5" from Thunder Lake by Barrhead in the late 80's. Used to be a great perch fishery until, well, you know the story.... just like most lakes around.

choose your excuse:

(a)winterkill
(b)overfishing (poaching)
(c)pollution
(d)lowered water levels
(z)all of the above

npauls
01-06-2012, 11:07 PM
let me know for next time, I will put you on some eyes. hitting them on Sunday probably, got some awesome bait the other day.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF4128.jpg
Biggest perch Ive ever caught was in DEEP at Sylvan, filleted them they were so big, and TASTY!!!!

Those are baby baits Wayne haha.

They are looking good though.

Pikecrazed
01-06-2012, 11:18 PM
16 inches ketepwa sasc

Sundancefisher
01-06-2012, 11:31 PM
16 inches...almost thought it was a walleye coming up...

steve
01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Alot of big talk, not much for big pics :lol:

Rigby
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM

X2 I never really caught many big perch. The biggest I have seen were from long lake and unfortunately I didn't catch them. Looked like little footballs.

npauls
01-07-2012, 01:42 AM

Ya I was thinking the same thing.

My biggest was maybe 13" at most but don't have any pictures of it.

If I ever hooked into a 14+" I would take a pic and post it but any smaller and it doesn't even deserve a picture for me.

Dark Horn
01-07-2012, 06:11 AM
My biggest was caught a few days ago. 13" 1.5lb. No pics but I can say it tasted pretty good

Alberta Bigbore
01-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I posted a pic of my biggest at 13.5 above....... But wanted to mention the biggest I've seen........was a taped 16 inches from Devils Lake by Onoway.

highwood
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I posted a pic of my biggest at 13.5 above....... But wanted to mention the biggest I've seen........was a taped 16 inches from Devils Lake by Onoway.

I've seen a few from Devils between 14 and 16, however not for many years.

Alberta Bigbore
01-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I've seen a few from Devils between 14 and 16, however not for many years.

yeah.... And they seem to be in one area of the lake..... not a fan of driving on that lake

Mike_W
01-07-2012, 11:00 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/DSCN2263.jpg
13.5"

fish gunner
01-07-2012, 11:36 AM
poor guys not bad keeper size.not sure what the difference is. but. european perch get huge my best about 3 lbs . on soltau ranges northern germany using pike methods. bottom fishing a 4" smelt as bait. I have also broke off what I though was couple a pound trout and turned out to be what I believe a little tiger pushing 4 lbs in of all places southern BC.

HunterDave
01-07-2012, 12:52 PM
not sure what the difference is. but. european perch get huge my best about 3 lbs . on soltau ranges northern germany using pike methods. bottom fishing a 4" smelt as bait.

Those would be Barsch........Perch on steriods........lol!

http://www.fish-club.de/barsch.html

chriscosta
01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I got a sixteen inch from hasse as well as a few fifteens all around the xmas season about four years ago but by I saw one dead on shore at hope lake that was wayyy bigger no Idea how big but over two pounds for sure

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Those would be Barsch........Perch on steriods........lol!

http://www.fish-club.de/barsch.html

you are the guy. it was yrs ago on pond was was military access only. figured on 4 a good pike day and nearly S!&* when I landed the perchanator rex they grow to epic size in southeastern bc as well.

rookiemoosehunter
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Hope these work.

jimbo1
01-08-2012, 09:27 AM
i caught one many years ago wheni was a lad in england that was 2 and 3/4 pounds from a pond that was only about an acre in size as well! iirc i was using lobworms for bait

Dust1n
01-08-2012, 09:43 AM
This is my big perch :D

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g348/EliteFisherman/Yellow%20Perch/008-2-1.jpg

walleyeca
01-08-2012, 12:02 PM
fishing 25 feet at wabasca north got some beauties,and mcmillan was good to me aswell! and faust bay at slave in late june when the walleye have left! good times!

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 12:55 PM
fishing 25 feet at wabasca north got some beauties,and mcmillan was good to me aswell! and faust bay at slave in late june when the walleye have left! good times!

now that is a happy guy nice tiger faust bay june check. late or early will make the trip if possible .if you pm I will let you know an other spot to try in bc not high # but monsters can be had.perch rule

HOGSLAYER
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
:fishing 25 feet at wabasca north got some beauties,and mcmillan was good to me aswell! and faust bay at slave in late june when the walleye have left! good times!

Good job Trev.:sHa_shakeshout:

bloopbloob
01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
it was over 10 years ago, but caught one when I was a kid that was 16", and just short of 2.5lbs on an old spring scale. dad thought it might have almost been an alberta record, but it was just shy of it and we ate it. couldn't afford to have it mounted back then. have pictures but on 35mm film, not digital. i've maybe caught 15 perch total since back then, biggest being last summer at pigeon, 12.5", just over a pound. fishing's sure not how it used to be!

Mr.goldeye
01-08-2012, 04:00 PM
14.5 from skeleton out by boyle, only perch of anysize ive ever caught out there

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM

it was over 10 years ago, but caught one when I was a kid that was 16", and just short of 2.5lbs on an old spring scale. dad thought it might have almost been an alberta record, but it was just shy of it and we ate it. couldn't afford to have it mounted back then. have pictures but on 35mm film, not digital. i've maybe caught 15 perch total since back then, biggest being last summer at pigeon, 12.5", just over a pound. fishing's sure not how it used to be!

travel,travel,go wander and fish. CANADA has the best fishing for fresh water fish in the world there may be small pockets of greatness all over the world but for no where is close once u get north of edmonton 1 human per 5 square km and all the way across this great country. the amazon I am sure is off the chart (its slighty larger than P,E,I) LOL some of asia and russia the trout eat pike.perch that give a large mouth hives,(see link above) and if want a spot to try fair close go to the shushwap. big lakers ,monster rainbow and salmon all 4-5 hes from calgary rumble young man rumble.

horsetrader
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
travel,travel,go wander and fish. CANADA has the best fishing for fresh water fish in the world there may be small pockets of greatness all over the world but for no where is close once u get north of edmonton 1 human per 5 square km and all the way across this great country. the amazon I am sure is off the chart (its slighty larger than P,E,I) LOL some of asia and russia the trout eat pike.perch that give a large mouth hives,(see link above) and if want a spot to try fair close go to the shushwap. big lakers ,monster rainbow and salmon all 4-5 hes from calgary rumble young man rumble.

If your talking wandering Canada then for max perch you have to pick Ontario.

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
If your talking wandering Canada then for max perch you have to pick Ontario.

no doubt, I think ontario has most diverse fishery in canada with even sum salt water for good measure. think I may be able to break prov record in bc for perch. I know where perchanator rex lives maybe close to canadian record very low # but huge!

horsetrader
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
no doubt, I think ontario has most diverse fishery in canada with even sum salt water for good measure. think I may be able to break prov record in bc for perch. I know where perchanator rex lives maybe close to canadian record very low # but huge!

Are you saying there is salt water in Ontario? or is this just another misunderstanding in print....

Paul C
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Nice Haul Trevor.....Lake Unknown Rules...........................

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Are you saying there is salt water in Ontario? or is this just another misunderstanding in print....

eh look at atlas before you type again

fish farmer
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
eh look at atlas before you type again

I guess if you want to be a smartass then Hudson bay has an Ontario border, not many people can get there to fish anyway. Horse was probably talking more about areas accessible by road, not iceberg.

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I guess if you want to be a smartass then Hudson bay has an Ontario border, not many people can get there to fish anyway. Horse was probably talking more about areas accessible by road, not iceberg.

how is that being a smarta&# I suggest that ontario has salt water - he suggested I was wrong ,I pointed out he use an atlas to confirm his statement, fort severn is at roughly at the same latitude as edmonchuck they have summer. unless we are omitting a few hundred miles of coast line crucial to the history of canada. then I dont know what to say! !

horsetrader
01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
how is that being a smarta&# I suggest that ontario has salt water - he suggested I was wrong ,I pointed out he use an atlas to confirm his statement, fort severn is at roughly at the same latitude as edmonchuck they have summer. unless we are omitting a few hundred miles of coast line crucial to the history of canada. then I dont know what to say! !

If you want to read it says that ontario has a sal****er coast line NOT sal****er in my post i asked you politely if thats what you ment if you wish to be a jerk you are welcome to it. But i would suggest you not type while drinking it will just make you look stupid just a helpful hint

fish gunner
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
this is silly my statement was salt water thrown in your statment salt water in ontario yes there is salt water in ontario sorry 4 this mix up I took it you implied there is no salt water in ontario we all ways seem to but heads

horsetrader
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
this is silly my statement was salt water thrown in your statment salt water in ontario yes there is salt water in ontario sorry 4 this mix up I took it you implied there is no salt water in ontario we all ways seem to but heads

Ont has a sal****er coast. Ont is bordered by the hudson bay. the hudson is not part of Ont.

pickrel pat
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
my fries are pre seasoned with ontario sea salt. but i really dont give a ****.

horsetrader
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
my fries are pre seasoned with ontario sea salt. but i really dont give a ****.

Now thats funny don't care who you are lol