PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird 160 Portable

azn_rice_man
01-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Was wondering if anyone has experience with the Humminbird 160 portable that they care to share? Picked one up over the holidays and I'm wondering if I'll need to buy an ice transducer for hard water fishing or if I can just use the one that came with the system. I saw some pictures floating around the net with people who rigged the stock transducer. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

horsetrader
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Was wondering if anyone has experience with the Humminbird 160 portable that they care to share? Picked one up over the holidays and I'm wondering if I'll need to buy an ice transducer for hard water fishing or if I can just use the one that came with the system. I saw some pictures floating around the net with people who rigged the stock transducer. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

the first year i used mine I modified the stock transducer it was ok but a bit of a pain second season I bought an ice ducer was about $60 was a lot nicer especially if you run hole to hole

gr8tbigkid
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
i just hooked mine up fishing hole or ctire has tranducer 89 bucks now works well not a flasher but yu can def see hook moving and fish and depth ...
:argue2::thinking-006::sHa_sarcasticlol: