PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Repairing Rod Tips...

ULTRAlite
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Love the ultralite gear - obviously :rolleye2:

However, I have now repaired the rod tips on every one of my light rods. The tips are breaking due to my own (and fishing partners) stupidity... I'm getting pretty dam good at it, and the repaired end seems to be just as good as original. However, I don't need my rods to get any shorter :lol:

Anyone use a rod locker / rod bag system that they like. Right now they go into a 5 gallon, and this seems to be where the damage most often occurs.

Any info would be appreciated...

Lethalconnection
02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
you need yourself one of these
Clam Ice Chair (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat20196&id=0042049121520a&navCount=1&podId=0042049&parentId=cat20196&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20196&hasJS=true)

Ive had my eye on that, might have to get one before next ice season.

TundraBuck
02-14-2008, 04:21 PM
lethal those are awesome, they would kill in the hike-in lakes too!

Lethalconnection
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah im sick of carrying my backpack, chair and bucket with rods and scoop, time to upgrade i think, especially for those hike in lakes.

tchow
02-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I have two Rod Bags. One for Ultralite/Microlite and other for Medium Lite to Medium sticks. Too many Micro and Ultra tips being broken in the pails. Have a few St. Croix and they have been great in the Rod bag. This year added a Marcum Bag into the collection. Top part has a Rod/Reel storage, middle part for small Plano, another pocket for the Handheld or GPS. Finally bottom pocket for the Marcum Sonar. Comes with a sling so you can wear it and not, and metal bracket opens so it can stand on the Ice.

ULTRAlite
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Looks like a great unit. I like this "the numerous storage compartments provide plenty of room for up to six rod and reel combos plus tackle boxes and bait"

However, Im already carrying a pack full of crap that I "might" need. Something that fits neatly into a sled might work better. I'd like to inspect something like that in person before I purchase...

ULTRAlite
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
I have two Rod Bags. One for Ultralite/Microlite and other for Medium Lite to Medium sticks. Too many Micro and Ultra tips being broken in the pails.

I think something like this might be in order...

-JR-
02-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I find using only half of the lower part of my summer Rod the best !
This way you can leave it up as a tip up in the snow ,and when you get a strike the rod falls down but will not get pulled in .

Sage
02-14-2008, 10:06 PM
I myself use 1 1/2 " pvc pipe works good for a walking stick also.:D