PDA

View Full Version : Wolf hunting!

duncan4
01-07-2012, 02:38 AM
hey guys i plan to go wolf hunting at the end of the month in zone 328, just wondering if anyone has seen or taken wolfs out there yet this year. Tips n tactics?

trashheap
01-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Seen two that have been taken out of that zone in Dec. No shortage out there!!

Coniferous
01-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Weyerhauser Road - look on the hills with cutblocks

Speckle55
01-07-2012, 11:32 AM
on a calm day go and call and once you get a answer to your howl then set up in a good area where u can see everywhere . if you want to do a predator call in find good sign and then do the same but be sure you know the wind direction then do your calling and stay for about 1 hour in each spot

the way to call is the same as coyote calling i will use a cow elk call and squeel like a elk in distress or in the cluches of a predator and still trying to get away. it will sound like a rabbit squeel they will come on a calm day about 3 miles so they should be there with in 1 hour but they may not come all the way in so you need to see around you just remember you will get at this time of year Cougers /coyotes and lots of smaller stuff too..

each pack has a territory and will defend it so when you howl they will come to investagate too but the elk squeel will bring them in running but in any case be ready as it can happen quick try totake out the Alpha Male or female it will usually allow you more shots the tail will be erect on them and usually the male will be the biggest or close.

if it does not work try try again in differn,t spots you may get busted by the wind or the pack but i have had them come in to less than 30 yards

good luck on your hunt.

too all hunters we can control the pack sizes in our areas if we want to with the help of Trappers it up to us .4 or 5 guys can make a big differnce in your fav hunting area in a winter

just like elk calling /deer rattling /moose calling /coyote calling just another enjoyable hunt we are at the top of the food chain:character0175:

Food for Thought
David

newfie ya
04-20-2012, 04:25 PM
looking to go wolf hunting around the grande prairie area

Gumbi
04-20-2012, 08:13 PM
piles of wolves, save are elk

goosejerky
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
hey there!
I was just looking over some posts looking for information on wolf hunting. I'm really into coyote hunting and i want to get into wolf hunting... i read in your post that you were hunting in wmu 328... did you have any luck there?