PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish Lake report

Victor Newman
01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Nothing really to report . Fished by the boat Launch. Nothing . Talked to a guy that was fishing around the red ball and nothing. There were a few of us fishing around the boat launch , one guy had a camera down a hole and saw some picky perch but that's all she wrote. It sure was a nice day just the same .

HOSSTONE1
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Just adding my two cents. I have had no luck at all for the past year at Jackfish. I personaly think it took a big hit last winter with lots of winterkill. Last year in March, my final 4 trips were a total bust tallying zero bites and no one else getting anything. This winter I went there 3 times in November in my usual spot and again zilch!!! one guy lost a small walleye and thats all i have heard! Last March I would drill a hole and a hundred little minnows would come out the hole. Even this summer, nothing. Could be me but it might need a couple years to bounce back like the way it was a couple years ago.

BGSH
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I love this lake in spring

Jiffy10
01-12-2012, 07:34 AM
I used to frequent Jackfish winter and summer. Really disapointed in
it last winter and I almost got skunked last summer.

I've left it alone and probably will this winter and next summer.

Maybe I'm just a poor fisherman .... but I definalty think something
has happened to it. IE winterkill like was suggested.

Would appreciate any update on Jackfish . Would really like to
see it recover.

1bluZebec
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I had a good year lastyear there everytime I caught at least 3 fish and no more than 7 but never had any problem. It always produces good. I was skunked during the beginning of this ice season though.I did have perch biting though but not for long so I got to wait till ice is good enough to drive all over cause I was only by the launch aswell so not really fair to say there r no fish.:confused: