PDA

View Full Version : Winter White fish!!

braxxtonn
01-07-2012, 08:42 PM
hey guys , I have never caught a white fish and would like to get out and catch a few, I have some wire worms and bell hooks, a marmish rod and some russain jigs,

I live in lethbridge and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in what lake to go to , and how deep of water do you guys find them in this time of year?

thank you in advance , much appreciated!!

Randy

npauls
01-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I would hold of for awhile around Lethbridge due to terrible ice conditions.

If you wanted to try open water for them you could try on the oldman river upstream near the damn or on the crowsnest river for rockies.

I am not to sure which lakes are open water right now but you could try your luck on the west end of chin since I know for sure there is open water there.

braxxtonn
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I would hold of for awhile around Lethbridge due to terrible ice conditions.

If you wanted to try open water for them you could try on the oldman river upstream near the damn or on the crowsnest river for rockies.

I am not to sure which lakes are open water right now but you could try your luck on the west end of chin since I know for sure there is open water there.

Yeah i'm gonna wait until the ice is good again , but need to do some homework on them until then, what lakes are good when the ice is safe?? thanks