PDA

View Full Version : BROWN TROUT...Replica finished

Eddy62
01-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Got my brown trout replica back ,what do you think ?

just like to say txs to jen for doing a great job :sHa_shakeshout:

45259 Hopefully you will be doing a rainbow for me soon...........later. need that 10 pounder hopefully today

Alberta Bigbore
01-08-2012, 07:10 AM
wow....looks great!

WayneChristie
01-08-2012, 07:16 AM
beautiful, can the holder got behind it out of sight? or is it high enough to not be visible. How big was your trout?

Eddy62
01-08-2012, 07:31 AM
beautiful, can the holder got behind it out of sight? or is it high enough to not be visible. How big was your trout?

txs fellows. yes the holder will be gone the pic was taken at jens house in castlegar bc... sent me pick last night off finished product but he wants to add a little vegetation to it which i said ok.

for doing everything off a photo and measurements i really like it.

29 inches long and cant remember the girth, i did not want to weigh the fish as i wanted to let it go as quick as possible for another angler to catch and enjoy , i think it was around 8 lbs . jen the fellow that did this fish up for me figured with length and girth it would off been 8.5 either way it was a great fish to catch and my 3rd brown trout. sure hope i get another one.

congrats on your awesome day walleye and pike fishing wayne,,,,,,,,,,

tara_13
01-08-2012, 08:47 AM
It looks really AWESOME !

Daceminnow
01-08-2012, 10:08 AM
nice work. looks great. mind if i ask if a replica is about the same money as a taxidermy bill would be, or more? ten an inch? thanks.

Dace

hunter49
01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Lets see the picture of the actual fish!!

Speckle55
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Looks Great Grats !! do you still have pic of when caught?
David

Ken07AOVette
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Oh that's very cool!

flyguyd
01-08-2012, 12:15 PM
nice work. looks great. mind if i ask if a replica is about the same money as a taxidermy bill would be, or more? ten an inch? thanks.

Dace

I would think if you can get a quality replica for $10 an inch, you should pay in full before he changes his mind:thinking-006::)

Willowtrail
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
That looks great. Congrats on the nice catch. I want a Brown this summer.

Post another Pic after the vegetation is added, looks great

Eddy62
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Dacei paid 18 per inch..because we are friends ,the going rate now is 35 but jen will do them for 25 per inch unless you talk to him and try to swing a deal dace. have a good night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Eddy62
01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
It looks really AWESOME !

txs tara it does. very happy life long memories...............

Jimboy
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
i paid 18 per inch..because we are friends ,the going rate now is 35 but jen will do them for 25 per inch unless you talk to him and try to swing a deal dace. have a good night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WOW, 25 bucks an inch now aye , maybe l better start doing fish again , did them for years , anyone want a fish done pc me , have pics of work.

fish farmer
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
WOW, 25 bucks an inch now aye , maybe l better start doing fish again , did them for years , anyone want a fish done pc me , have pics of work.

25 better be for both sides of the fish completed. Did you ever do replicas Jimboy or just skin mounts?

Daceminnow
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I would think if you can get a quality replica for $10 an inch, you should pay in full before he changes his mind:thinking-006::)

i guess i asked a silly question? sorry had no idea, that's why i asked.

i paid 18 per inch..because we are friends ,the going rate now is 35 but jen will do them for 25 per inch unless you talk to him and try to swing a deal dace. have a good night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks for the response Bud. it's worth the coin for a beautiful piece to preserve the memory of your catch.

Dace

flyguyd
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
i guess i asked a silly question? sorry had no idea, that's why i asked.

Dace

No problem.If you havent got one done you couldnt possibly know. I have trouble with $35 an inch myself it sounds awfully rich to me.
But i think a skin mount starts about $15 an inch now. Glad i can do my own.

Eddy62
01-10-2012, 05:49 AM
No problem.If you havent got one done you couldnt possibly know. I have trouble with $35 an inch myself it sounds awfully rich to me.
But i think a skin mount starts about $15 an inch now. Glad i can do my own.

i think if someone was good at replicas it sure would be a good business to get into thats for sure.I did shop around to find someone and it wasnt easy no problems with animals but fish was a different story .

As for the price i dont really no what to say, i dont really no the difference between skin mounts and replicas, and what is involved with hrs put into this trade.

I do no one thing when i hang it up there will be a conversation or two and the memories for years to come off this piece going from my house to my sons and than to maybe my grandsons....worth every dollar in my eyes......I have spent alot more money on useless things in the past thats for sure.

txs everyone for the awesome comments and good fishing to you all..be safe: out there .:)