PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing Lake Winnipeg

fish farmer
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Any ever ice fish lake Winnipeg for those giant walleye they seem to be producing at ease these past few years? I'm intrigued enough to almost consider going for a loooonnnngggg drive and a few days fishing.

Alberta Bigbore
01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Your better off drilling a hole in the Red River. the greenbacks are being caught in good numbers and size. Friend of mine salted some huge greens off sugar island. im thinking of making a trip myself for a few days.

Also would like to hit Minniwasta for some crappies

gatorhunter
01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Lake Winnipeg has become "THE" walleye ice-fishing destination in North America. While the Red River continues to produce walleye in both size and numbers, these fish come into the river from the lake. Lake Winnipeg is a virtual walleye factory and its popularity has grown exponentially in the past several years.

Midwest U.S.A. knows about this fishery. Even with the U.S. economy in trouble, many midwesters are finding the means to spend a few days on the big lake from December unti the end of March.

PM me if you want more information. The big lake and Red River are in my back yard.