PDA

View Full Version : OK Day At PCR

fishingmaster2097
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Went to PCR on saturday. Got there at around 8:30 am. Started Fishing around the middle of the lake. Cause the part by the bridge was open water. But 6 inches where we were. Went for 6 hours and only caught one Walleye. Couldn't believe it!:angry3:! So we moved about 5 times around the lake, but the one Walleye we did catch was pretty good in size. The wind was not that bad actually.

azn_rice_man
01-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Was there on Saturday for a few hours... Between my buddy and I, we caught 6 eyes (vaious sizes), 2 burbots (smaller size), and a small pike. Fishing hasn't been that great. Wasn't windy though.

falroy
01-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I was there on sat too, fished over in the south west corner in red Eskimo hut, drilled about ten holes and ended up fishing the same two from about 1 till 9:30. when I left the last thing I packed up was one rod in the hole and the fish were still biting ended up with 27 eye and 4 burbot. The ice was about 8" thick there. You just never know when you go there if your going to catch 20+ fish or nothing at all. Just wish I had the little guy with me he would have had a blast! I didn't trust the ice enough to bring a two year old out there though.

fishingmaster2097
01-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Oh nice! thats way better than what we did. Where exactly did u guys fish, cause we just didnt seem to catch anything ever.

falroy
01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
It was in the furthest south west corner of the lake south of the beach down the hill from that little parking lot in about 20' of water

SNAGGLEPUSS
01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Rather than move around the lake, I usually try about 10 hloes around the same spot. We were at PCR the other day. I tried about 5 holes in the same spot about 10' apart. didn't get a bite until the 5th hole. All day I drilled about 15 holes and only had bites in 3 of them. 8 walleye and 5 burbs in about 4 hours.