PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fishing near Sylvan read before you judge please

bowhunter79
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello All,
I am coming to my fellow outdoor enthusiasts for some help. I have recently been dealt a pretty crappy deal. My son is being moved to Sylvan lake against my wishes and as any father knows we have not rights and often lose in court. I want to maintain my relationship with my son we camp and fish in the summer and ice fish in the winter. It's something we both have together and I need to hold onto that. I need to find some good fishing and camping lakes in roughly 2 hrs from Sylvan lake to explore or get advice on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As anyone with young ones knows keeping a fish on the line is key don't really care what kind or how big just trying to find a steady bite. Thanks to anyone that helps and knows this area it is much appreciated.

Steve

BGSH
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Talk to fish hunter7, he knows everything about that area and everywhere 2 hours in between.

ivegonefishing
01-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear your predicament. Word of advice: keep your relationship honest, genuine, and non-judgmental and you will always have your 'fishing buddy'. Sorry I don't know that area well and therefore can't be of help to you. My best wishes to you.

fish gunner
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I live 40 min away if you wish will give what info I have on the area to the south worry not fishing and camping in one form or the other at all points west. pm at your leisure

Hunter Trav
01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
So whats wrong with Sylvan lake itself? Maybe not for camping, but the fishing is ok, and it would be quick and easy to get to so you would have more fishing time with him...

thrude1
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
good luck to you and your son .I to was in the same situation when my son was young. be all you can be. but most off all be his "dad" in the end thats all he'll remember.
lots of good lakes in the area get yourself an "Alberta Fishing Guide" it lists alot of lakes in each area whats in them and how to get there

diamonddave
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
If you want to head to the west country(Rocky area), drop me a line and I will give you all the info you wish to know...... and some might even be usefull:)

Speckle55
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi i am a divorced dad of 3 boys so keep positive .but if you need any help i am from the Hinton area and have lots of fishing experince ..if you come to fish Jasper National Park . or have questions on ice fishing or any other fishing . i do teach fishing am a guide quality and mentor to angler's, all for free so just pm me. here is a few pic's of my boys when i was a single dad they lived with me half time and 2 still live with me( 20 23 25 now)45501

45504 .. just do as you are thinking and you will do fine we all will help where we can :)

David

nevercatchmuch
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
tons of spots and some real beauty out west towards nordegg. When the time is closer re-post and I'm sure lots of us will help with ideas. Dickson trout pond has a reasonable little campground by it if you want really close to sylvan. Jarvis bay provincial park in sylvan is ok and the walleye bite non stop (catch and release). Rockymountain house has some nice lakes around it too.

fish gunner
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
lots of flatland navy on sylvan on weekend. not sure I would take my kid on un less fairly large craft .seen sum nauticaly challenged folks on that lake.mid week has not been too bad but lots of opertunity ti get out in the area to be a good dad