PDA

View Full Version : Mink lake

Thundercatcher
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Has anyone been out to mink lake lately? and do you have to pay to get in during the winter?

bunnyhunter
01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Has anyone been out to mink lake lately? and do you have to pay to get in during the winter?

Yes I have, the price is now 10 bucks. they have put a lot of new no trespassing signs on the highway as well. I have never tried access near the railway but I heard that some people have accessed it in the past.

Thundercatcher
01-10-2012, 09:07 PM
cool, Ty, how was the fishing there

horsetrader
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes I have, the price is now 10 bucks. they have put a lot of new no trespassing signs on the highway as well. I have never tried access near the railway but I heard that some people have accessed it in the past.

Have not been there this year yet but will give it a try for me i pay the 10 bucks then i know my truck and gear is safe and easy to get to. After you been there a couple time you can usually get in for 5

bunnyhunter
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Have not been there this year yet but will give it a try for me i pay the 10 bucks then i know my truck and gear is safe and easy to get to. After you been there a couple time you can usually get in for 5

they used to charge me 5, but the old guy I used to know at the shop was gone-just some well....um...older ladies on the booze by noon at the shop.

some perch in there, nothing over 8 inches yet. got two nice pike. Thats all I'll keep out of the lake as far as pike, its small lake, so I dont want to deplete the breeder females. released 4 pike, just under legal last week an saw a baby one down the hole, maybe 12 inches lol
they Do have a pic on the wall as of a big 20 pounder taken in summer.
Mind you, I hear that same story every year at shop there!
J

drake
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
they used to charge me 5, but the old guy I used to know at the shop was gone-just some well....um...older ladies on the booze by noon at the shop.

some perch in there, nothing over 8 inches yet. got two nice pike. Thats all I'll keep out of the lake as far as pike, its small lake, so I dont want to deplete the breeder females. released 4 pike, just under legal last week an saw a baby one down the hole, maybe 12 inches lol
they Do have a pic on the wall as of a big 20 pounder taken in summer.
Mind you, I hear that same story every year at shop there!
J

A friend of mine slayer the humpie perch out there last weekend....said he caught a monster 15 1/2" er

yeahright
01-11-2012, 11:55 PM
hate to be the debbie downer.. but mink can suck a wang!
go for trout 2 min away

fishslayer420
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
was at mink lake saturday and sunday this weekend. did quite well, couple of 10's the rest were 6-8'. fished 10-12 feet of water thru the day. used black fly jigs and maggots.

Paul C
01-13-2012, 03:53 PM
A friend of mine slayer the humpie perch out there last weekend....said he caught a monster 15 1/2" er
I just wondering if you have a photo to share with forum members.
Thx.. :happy0180:

drake
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I just wondering if you have a photo to share with forum members.
Thx.. :happy0180:

Nope......old Ukrainians don't have smart phones. They definitly know where the humpies are though!