PDA

View Full Version : Where on Wabuman????

rapalaman
01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey guys!! well me and a few boys are heading to wabuman on sunday and none of us have fished it before i know the old power plant was the hot spot to fish all year but now that its down i have no idea where to go i dont need a pin point spot but what side of the lake is usually best for pike and perch????

Any help would be sweeeeet
thanks Greg.l

Willowtrail
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Go in the same spots. Only now its frozen. Lots of guys fish out past the main pier and have great luck. Also venture around Point Allison and see how you do.

Find 8-15' of water.

Take advantage of the 2 lines and put in a tip up per guy.

Good Luck

rapalaman
01-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Thank you thats excelent.

Geezle
01-11-2012, 08:20 AM
The nice thing about Wab is you can find pike just about anywhere :)

That being said, Willowtrail gave you some good starting points...around town is always a safe bet, and is very easy access, with a nice weedy bottom and we pretty much always do well there.

I've fished Point Allison a couple times this season, and it may have just been the days I was out, but it was pretty hit and miss, plus it's a little sketchy around the big ice heave that crosses the lake there. Sandy bottom there.

There's also access over by the sailing club, though I'm not so familiar with that spot so I can't really comment on the fishing...I know it's a fairly sandy bottom in that area so I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple whites there.

Fallis is another good spot. You can drive in through Fallis and follow the signs to the YWCA camp, and that'll take you right down to the lake. There's a fairly wide shelf and then a quick dropoff. If you look around to see where others have been fishing it shouldn't be hard to find the edge of that drop. Nice mix of sandy/weedy bottom there.

Sooner
01-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Try Fallis, east or west side of the big rock. I havent fished there for a few years. Used to be good for whites & pike when you could keep them.