PDA

View Full Version : cayo coco seasons

s_erickson
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I just booked my holidays and am heading down to cayo coco on the 28th of jan. We are staying at the sol cayo coco. Last year we went to varadero and i found out that march is not a prime time for deep sea fishing but i can't remember what they said would be in the water around january. I plan on bringing my spin casting rod and my 8 weight for bones. After reading on here it seems like dunesky is the guy i need to talk to down there once i arrive. Any info you got would be great.

s_erickson
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM
i was also planning on bringing my bait caster along and was wondering what kind of lures you'd recommend or should i just bring some bobbers and use chunks of fish for bait.

elnino54
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Dunesky is certainly your guy. You should have a good time down there if you can get out. Bring the biggest poppers or zara spooks you can cast with your baitcaster for Barracudas. Don't forget wire leaders too. As for bones, bring some crab flies, mangrove critters, gotchas, and crazy charlies of different weights. I was there in May, had a great time......check out the video I put together !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCcxLhVWy0&feature=plcp&context=C31a9ef0UDOEgsToPDskJUrigUBhNZmQeLkQIDMloX