PDA

View Full Version : Tip up alarm.

jts1
01-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Cant find a audible alarm for my thermal tip up. Have the little light but want the alarm and not that little clip on one. Anyone know of anywhere? If out of town i can send emt to pay for puck up and shipping.

npauls
01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I bought some frabill ones that have a loud alarm type siren with a flashing light. It can be switched to either setting or both at the same time. I then used hockey stick tape and taped the main part to the base of my tip up.

They seem to do the job. I don't use those tip ups to often because I like my windlass one more.

ORV
01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Cant find a audible alarm for my thermal tip up. Have the little light but want the alarm and not that little clip on one. Anyone know of anywhere? If out of town i can send emt to pay for puck up and shipping.

hey jeff! after trying many i am really happy with this one.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/ice-fishing/accessories/tip-up-sensor-light-alarm/prod230753.html

this is the fourth type of alarm i have bought for my tip ups
$ and the only one that works wort a s..t..

hope this helps

orv.

nicemustang
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Someone needs to make one that will text your smart phone, get an app for that.

npauls
01-12-2012, 09:30 PM

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/ice-fishing/accessories/tip-up-sensor-light-alarm/prod230753.html

hope this helps

orv.

That is the same ones I have that are taped to the bases of my tip ups.

calgarygringo
01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Jeff
Shoot Will a pm. He has some he has that wake up the dead from the tent.

jts1
01-12-2012, 10:21 PM

hope this helps

orv.

Yep thats what I want but try finding someplace with them in stock.

TheFishHunter
01-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Someone needs to make one that will text your smart phone, get an app for that.

Haha so true! The frabrill one works great from WSS though.

leeaspell
01-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I baught some sticky window alarms last year at a garage sale. 2 pieces, when the go over an inch apart, it sounds lust like a car alarm. Was always thinking of some other use for them, a tip up would be a good idea

slivers86
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
you can also buy 'personal alarms' at walmart/dollar stores which do the trick. I have one that I am going to rig onto my tip up, so that WC can run over when I'm not looking and set it off... :argue2:

skidderman
01-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Buy a clip on bell & use that. Used to use the clip on bell when fishing salmon on the Skeena. After you use one for awhile you will hear bells in your sleep. They are cheap, 3 or 4 bucks at most.

cribfisher
01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
If you don't mind spending a bit the strike sensor is an option.
http://www.strikesensor.com/products.iml

Fer-Tak-Er
01-17-2012, 08:29 AM
I bought some from e-bay called flag alert. They have good range.Has a sensor on the tip up that clips on, and than you have a remote in your shack. When the tip up goes up, the alarm sounds on the remote. Caught hundreds on it.

wbaj
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
I bought some from e-bay called flag alert. They have good range.Has a sensor on the tip up that clips on, and than you have a remote in your shack. When the tip up goes up, the alarm sounds on the remote. Caught hundreds on it.

I bought the same thing and love it. I was impressed by the range, well within the allowed distance to leave a line unattended.

jts1
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
A fellow member has provided me with 2 of the "pager" systems. Tried them out at home and work well. Took them out on the ice and batteries were to low to get any range out of them. Going to retry them this weekend.

WayneChristie
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
A fellow member has provided me with 2 of the "pager" systems. Tried them out at home and work well. Took them out on the ice and batteries were to low to get any range out of them. Going to retry them this weekend.

I tried an experiment with those tent lights you had, set one up behind my tipup after dark and as long as you can see the red light you can turn them on with the remote control, and check your flag, good way to check without going out into the cold.

Alberta Bigbore
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM

hope this helps

orv.

those are on ALL my tip ups... they work fantastic!!!

slingshotz
01-17-2012, 11:38 PM
those are on ALL my tip ups... they work fantastic!!!

Yup, those are the ones I got from Bigbore a few years ago and they still work perfectly.