PDA

View Full Version : Anything happening out by Caroline latley?

Dust1n
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Anything happening out by Caroline lately? I would like to get into the brookie action again but was wondering if its too late to ice a few fish.

BeeGuy
01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
you looking fer trouble boy? hehe

There's probably 1 or 2 left in there.

Plus a couple bigguns.

WayneChristie
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
might be hard to get into the lake without a snow machine after the last day or two

Dust1n
01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
chnage of plans im fishing the NSR instead

Dan Foss
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM
there would be alot of snow up there. Also brookies will have slowed down alot. not impossible to catch but it will be slow.

goose
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Hello all, I was at Burnstick lake on the weekend and went sledding and there is only a little over a foot of snow there in the bush. So you may be able to drive into the Brookie lakes as there is a wellhead right by one of the lakes and they should be plowing that for access. Just my two cents.
regards
Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

Dan Foss
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello all, I was at Burnstick lake on the weekend and went sledding and there is only a little over a foot of snow there in the bush. So you may be able to drive into the Brookie lakes as there is a wellhead right by one of the lakes and they should be plowing that for access. Just my two cents.
regards
Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

A foot of snow on Burtstick? I hope not. I dont want there to be alot of flood water there this year. Its one of the only lakes I will drive on to. What was the ice like there?

fishhunter09
01-17-2012, 01:15 PM
there on sunday about 11inches of ice. only about 3inchs of snow on the lake.

SalmoTrutta
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
The roads should be cleared in there, alteast they usually are to the two Brookie ponds I fish in the area. If not they should be beat down from the operators coming and going.

Dan Foss
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Nice. Another half foot of ice and I will be driving on. With this cold weather it shouldnt take much. Any one else been driving on there yet?

Albertadiver
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Nice. Another half foot of ice and I will be driving on. With this cold weather it shouldnt take much. Any one else been driving on there yet?

Just a bump because I'm headed out there myself tommorrow. My shack is not so portable that I can carry it or sled it.

Dan Foss
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Just a bump because I'm headed out there myself tommorrow. My shack is not so portable that I can carry it or sled it.

do you have a map of where you plan on putting your shack? Burnt stick is one of the only places I drive on because there are no springs on that lake. and ice is usually pretty good. I know there are 2 launches there and have been told where the second one is but never use it

Albertadiver
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
do you have a map of where you plan on putting your shack? Burnt stick is one of the only places I drive on because there are no springs on that lake. and ice is usually pretty good. I know there are 2 launches there and have been told where the second one is but never use it

Never been to the lake, so I'm just totally guessing at this point.

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 11:58 AM
drove on burnstick Saturday 16"+ from the resort access west ,very patchy snow, very slippery off the snow.snow shoes or boot cleats recommended running after tip ups very tricky. probably would be careful and not drive far to the east

outdoorsmen101
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I have fished the lake for over 30 years. Good for perch, lots of small ones but there are some decent ones. Pike are best just before and after dark. There are some walleye but rare to catch.

There are springs on the West side but they should be forzen up good with this cold weather. A guy put a quad through on the West side about two or so weeks ago but it was shallow and he had enough velocity to get past the bad spot.

The South side has been the best for me in about 30 feet of water with maggots. there is a boat launch there but usually with the warm/cold weather we've had it will be super slick going down so the best is go from the North boat launch by the subdivision. I haven't been out for a while so don't know how the ice is going straight across the lake.

If you see a guy out there with either an old van or toyota landcruiser go chat with him. He has a plywood shack out there all Winter. He is my neighbor and spends tons of time out there and will tell you how things are going with the fishing. He might even make you lunch!!

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
not sure if you mean the white shack. it is not on the lake yet ,there is a ply wood shack at the village just west of the launch. I have found bad springs at the east end also just out from the narrows.thank you for the info on the west end do not venture that way very often.

outdoorsmen101
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
not sure if you mean the white shack. it is not on the lake yet ,there is a ply wood shack at the village just west of the launch. I have found bad springs at the east end also just out from the narrows.thank you for the info on the west end do not venture that way very often.

The plywood one by the village is Louigi's, I guess he hasn't moved it out from there yet. We were catching lots of small perch right out where his shack is in about 15 feet of water but all small. Maybe some big ones have moved in there now as he usually parks where the best fishing is. Or he hasn't been out because of the cold weather. I'll give him a call and if I can get hold of him I'll post the results.

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
if you wish send me a pm and will let you what I know ,we have done better than normal this year.

Dust1n
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Hows the brown trout doing

RHJ
01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
hit up burntstick new years eve we actually drove and fished about 50 m from the shack must of caught 65 + all little guys but lots of fun

Albertadiver
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Headed out in the morning. Can't wait to play with some perch!