PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Greece

77mse77
01-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Ok, I did search first, and I couldn't locate a prior thread. so I'm throwing caution to the wind here, and am going to ask the question....
Does anyone have any experience they would be so kind as to share on fishing in Greece, or the Greek islands?
My wife are headed there for 2 weeks in May, and would like to add fishing to the list of experiences and culture we will take in abroad.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

BeeGuy
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Fishing for octopus is pretty popular there.

77mse77
01-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Would assume octopus or squid would be netted?
Was thinking more in terms of angling for gamefish, but if a guy could get a squid on the line, I'd image that'd be one hell of a scrap. :thinking-006:

blackmamba
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Well I spent almost 3 months there along with Pottymouth , and everyday we were spear fishing and snorkling .. I think we shot atleast 1 or 2 octopus a day with the spear guns , among other game fish . Altho we never did any deep sea fishing , it was still an absolute blast with the spear guns ..

Shoot Potty a Pm he might have more insight on some tours or where to go

jeprli
01-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Try river estuaries during a tide for sea run browns. Octopus hunting is best done at night with a lantern and a spear, they come into shallow sandy bays.

Cypress has largemouth bass stocked in most of its lakes and duggouts, up to 8lb.