PDA

View Full Version : Portable Aqua View Review wanted

BigBuck$
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I was at BP today and had a look at a portable Aqua View Underwater Camera. The thing is the size of a calculator and is rechargeable. The picture quality seems good (in air anyways). Does anybody have one and if so are you happy with it?

I have an older model but this one would be nice because it would fit in your pocket.

Thanks

chriscosta
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
id buy it I know I am how could it be bad its gotta be better than my pos lmaoso easy to move around hole to hole:scared0018:

cdkeim
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Bought one a couple weeks ago. Only had it out one time so far. Pluses is that it is easy to carry, good picture, very convenient. downside is you cant record what you you see and it doesnt come with any accessories. You need to buy some type of case to carry it in and protect the screen and I just purchased the aqua vu tripod to hook it to so I can rotate the picture remotely. It is really handy though because of its small size. I am very happy so far. Picture in the water was pretty good. As long as a pike doesnt come along and eat the little camera!

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 03:08 PM
ya they look cool but two flaws I see any thing that can fit down a hole.... will, and if I am not mistaken it only has 22lbs cable I have had pike attack my camera,not sure the girls camera will survive.and at 300$ fish tv will do the same job with $$ left over for beer marcum 380 is also in the same price range.

fish farmer
01-19-2012, 03:34 PM
ya they look cool but two flaws I see any thing that can fit down a hole.... will, and if I am not mistaken it only has 22lbs cable I have had pike attack my camera,not sure the girls camera will survive.and at 300$ fish tv will do the same job with $$ left over for beer marcum 380 is also in the same price range.

Sure a pike could take it, how many times have you had a pike hit your camera the minute it was lowered down? I bet very few. Ive had an original aqua view since they first came out. The only time a pike messes with your camera is when its been sitting there for a while. This camera isnt meant to be used like a "typical" underwater camera. this is meant for those people who like to do more "run and gun" fishing or those people that just want to take quick looks down the hole and not watch a camera all day. If you wanted to buy a camera to watch all day then buy a fullsize one, not the Aqua-view micro.

cdkeim
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I used mine quite abit ice fishing last weekend, and I was a little nervous about a pike taking a swipe at it, as the cable to the camera is pretty thin and yes it says it is 22 lb test, but it looks pretty flimsy. it may cost me some backs if I lose it, but will make for a good story. I'll just paint it to look like the hooks I normally use, and then I can be sure the pike wont bite it.

chriscosta
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol:if the fish eats your camera your holding your mouth wrong... lol or your choice in bait sucks j/k

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
check the poor fish thread,lol micro vu has its place. but I know it will all end in a very good story. murphy never sleeps.I. never stop moving untill I find fish,pulling my sled on a harness on my back untill last week. honest if I thought the micro vu was an advantage I would have one.how do you keep it warm to keep the batt charged.

dodger
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
All that I know is that you have good taste in boats :sHa_shakeshout:

Dodger.

stompit
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Any new reviews for the aqua vu micro?

Kim473
01-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I saw it at TFH, great picture and I wanted one, but thought about it and I don't think it's what I would like. Great for looking down but does not seem good for looking around or at your hook. I think a mid range to top of the line Marcum is better all around.