PDA

View Full Version : Going North for the day. Ideas?

g_trout
01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I am planning to take a day off work and head north for some fishing.

I am familiar with Slave, Lac La Biche, and Calling. I am looking for an interesting lake to go to within about 5 hours drive of Edmonton. Any suggestions? Looking at maps I see Utikama(got a bit of info on the forum so far), Wabasca and a few others. There seems to be a lack of info on northern lakes.

My car is great in winter for traction but has very little ground clearance. I heard Siebert needs a truck to get to.

Thank you.

-JR-
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Carson is good for a car trip.

Hunter Trav
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
You want to get onto a northern lake in a car? Have fun with that one, let us know how you make out...

highwood
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
You can get to KM 86 entrance at Utikuma with a car. Driving it on the ice may be a different story.

gilbertslake
01-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I am planning to take a day off work and head north for some fishing.

I am familiar with Slave, Lac La Biche, and Calling. I am looking for an interesting lake to go to within about 5 hours drive of Edmonton. Any suggestions? Looking at maps I see Utikama(got a bit of info on the forum so far), Wabasca and a few others. There seems to be a lack of info on northern lakes.

My car is great in winter for traction but has very little ground clearance. I heard Siebert needs a truck to get to.

Thank you.

Siebert would need a truck. My son was there on weekend and says a lot of pressure ridges on ice too

g_trout
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't drive on the ice and don't mind a little walk. I just want to make sure I can get close to the lake.

Thanks for the advise. I will let you know how it goes and where I ended up going.