PDA

View Full Version : Perch fishing

tmaxx
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
So why is it such a secret that whenever a person catches lots of fish nobody let's anyone know where to go.some people like to go out as families so kids can enjoy and experience catching fish and enjoying the outdoors. It's not like the fisherman owns the lake after catching many fish,it's there for everyone to enjoy.

Monster Pike Man
01-19-2012, 08:20 PM
So why is it such a secret that whenever a person catches lots of fish nobody let's anyone know where to go.some people like to go out as families so kids can enjoy and experience catching fish and enjoying the outdoors. It's not like the fisherman owns the lake after catching many fish,it's there for everyone to enjoy.

Just imagine finding a ton of perch and not many people knowing about it? It's like winning the stanely cup. It takes alot of hard work day after day trying to find a good lake. Just imagine how many people read this forum...make a thread about finding jumbo perch and see how many people will go there. Look at the 2 lb perch i caught, 4000 people saw those pictures....finding a good perch lake within 2 hours of the city is getting harder to find....actually perch aren't hard to find... It's the jumbo perch that are getting harder to find.

nicemustang
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Everyone on the internet thinks they should get the world handed to them on a silver platter....what is with the generation of people. And true or not....people always throw in i have kids blah blah blah and need help. I think it's just laziness out there. What happened to people going out and trying a lake and fishing it to see if you have sucess?

nicemustang
01-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Plus theres what 20000+ people on this forum and all these perch threads...if everyone would say where they were and all took limits of perch, all the perch would be gone guaranteed.

pipco
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
If you'd like to take your kids out fishing for perch go to Nakamun. :)

There are lots of little perch there for the catching. If you'd like to explore and find a fantastic perch lake please do then rush back home and post the spot on this forum. Whining will get you nowhere.
:rolleye2:

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Everyone on the internet thinks they should get the world handed to them on a silver platter....what is with the generation of people. And true or not....people always throw in i have kids blah blah blah and need help. I think it's just laziness out there. What happened to people going out and trying a lake and fishing it to see if you have sucess?

im with mustang on this I have spent 5 yrs searching burnstick to find one perch of 11" this year I spent a week in sask two hours ne of saskatoon and with out any effort found perch of this caliber in the ponds at the side of the road. the fishing pressure in alberta is 10× that of saskatchewan. effort = reward and if sniper lake is any thing to go bye giving up a good location will be the end of the good spot in a short order.so people keep their cards close.put in the time the fish will come.

Kevin_Thunder
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
im with mustang on this I have spent 5 yrs searching burnstick to find one perch of 11" this year I spent a week in sask two hours ne of saskatoon and with out any effort found perch of this caliber in the ponds at the side of the road. the fishing pressure in alberta is 10× that of saskatchewan. effort = reward and if sniper lake is any thing to go bye giving up a good location will be the end of the good spot in a short order.so people keep their cards close.put in the time the fish will come.

But I want something for nothing! I don't wanna put in any effort! DON'T WANNA! :sad0147:

fogducker
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
its not the forums fault it is pure greed some people just cant let fish go.im not talking about the guy that goes out and keeps his limit every now and then,its the guy that dose it every day or some times several times a day.

fish gunner
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
But I want something for nothing! I don't wanna put in any effort! DON'T WANNA! :sad0147:

lmao yes that is the way of the world today money for nothing fish for free.

fishunter
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
i you are looking for big perch go to go lakes.Lesser slave lake has them. In the butcher shop they have a 10 lbs walleye mounted eating a 2 lbs perch. Just go out hunting yourself and you will find them.:shark:

whitetail Junkie
01-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Theres 2 holes in life that u dont talk about....and one of them is your perch hole !:)

BeeGuy
01-19-2012, 11:24 PM

If you want to catch fish people post lots of good spots, such as PCR and Nakamun. Perfect for the family.

If you want someones honey hole to use at your leisure, you must not be a fisherman.

Tyangelo
01-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Agreed with all of this. Lot of people will point you in the right direction, but do your own homework, and then go explore. Hell, with a whole family, that's that many more lines in the water looking for the school.

npauls
01-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Theres 2 holes in life that u dont talk about....and one of them is your perch hole !:)

:happy0180:

Monster Pike Man
01-20-2012, 09:31 AM
:happy0180:

Agreed

Rumtan
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
The information in this thread is true. No one has slandered anyone, rather they have just tried to impart their wisdom.
Take pride in your fishing and garner hints and tips on how to be a better fisherman but dont take offense when spots are not revealed.

fish gunner
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
The information in this thread is true. No one has slandered anyone, rather they have just tried to impart their wisdom.
Take pride in your fishing and garner hints and tips on how to be a better fisherman but dont take offense when spots are not revealed.

says the guy with the best perch spot in AB. lol j/k im sure there was lots of leg work or luck both get the job done.

Vacation
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I understand the kids thing, I would love to take my kids to a good fishing place...problem is time constraints....and kids patience. Haven't found the A+ spot yet. My daughter has had it with fishing...she chooses to stay home now cause of lack of action. However, one day my sons and I will find the fishies...and the family will reap the benefits of an awesome day. Not to mention, it will be much more rewarding to find the secret spot myself....I have GPS'sd a spot where I found fishies of 3 species...just like that...took a few hours and a ton of holes and a couple km and no kids with me that day.....will get to that spot one day....then I hope to be posting pics.
Go Get em everyone......they are there.....

fish gunner
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I understand the kids thing, I would love to take my kids to a good fishing place...problem is time constraints....and kids patience. Haven't found the A+ spot yet. My daughter has had it with fishing...she chooses to stay home now cause of lack of action. However, one day my sons and I will find the fishies...and the family will reap the benefits of an awesome day. Not to mention, it will be much more rewarding to find the secret spot myself....I have GPS'sd a spot where I found fishies of 3 species...just like that...took a few hours and a ton of holes and a couple km and no kids with me that day.....will get to that spot one day....then I hope to be posting pics.
Go Get em everyone......they are there.....

that's the spirit!!one suggestion I do have look at the old threads or search the site. pm my self if you live south of edmonton or calgary north will give what help I can

BigBuck$
01-20-2012, 11:26 AM

For the same reason I'm not telling you or anyone else where my 160+ class whitetail lives!!! Lots of these little honey holes are hard to get to or hard to find and some of us that know about them have spent alot of time and effort in finding them. They are there and nobody will think any less of you if you show up and start catching fish. Start with some research on what lakes in your area have perch or whatever you are after in them, spend some time on some different lakes and you will soon find that you will have your own little spot.

Like someone mentioned above, if the spot is easy to get to it quickly becomes popular and gets fished out in a hurry.