PDA

View Full Version : Summer fishing Trip W/Dad & Bros Looking For the big Walley

Hollingsworth
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey We Do Our annual Fishing Trip every year is a great time went to lesser slave last summer had good luck and good times Was looking at tobin lake but a long ways to drive wondering what calling lake is like for fishing,Would be greatley apperciated for some lakes that would a good time. Thanks for helping Out.

Hollingsworth
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone ever fished lake Athabasca,lots of species just wondering how the fishing is.

npauls
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Head to Tobin.

It will be well worth the drive. Everyone I have talked to about Tobin has said to get out there as soon as I can.

I am in talks with a buddy to hopefully head up there sometime this year for a few days to check things out. From the sounds of it I may have to just stay there and get a house and job.

fish farmer
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Hey We Do Our annual Fishing Trip every year is a great time went to lesser slave last summer had good luck and good times Was looking at tobin lake but a long ways to drive wondering what calling lake is like for fishing,Would be greatley apperciated for some lakes that would a good time. Thanks for helping Out.

out of your lists there, Tobin hands down is worth the drive. Yes there are big fish caught all summer, but if you want giant pike, then march or may/june are when you want to be there. For giant eyes, fish the river section at Nipiwan in late fall, think thanksgiving or later.

fish farmer
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone ever fished lake Athabasca,lots of species just wondering how the fishing is.

Lake Athabasca will cost you some coing to get to, its pretty well a fly-in only option although some have river boated in. Giant Pike and Lake Trout are the specialities there. For giant walleye, youre better off to stay south.

Teamprotz
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Big and consistant , go to Tobin. Late june/july on the lake is great for pike and walleye. The river gets good end of july into august then fall. Always lots of small fish in both places , but watch water conditions. If its high and dirty , stay home.

gramps73
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
As much as I like the thought of Tobin, give the mountain a try all summer long...Last Mountain that is.......

fishinggeek
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
out of your lists there, Tobin hands down is worth the drive. Yes there are big fish caught all summer, but if you want giant pike, then march or may/june are when you want to be there. For giant eyes, fish the river section at Nipiwan in late fall, think thanksgiving or later.

Our MONSTER pike trip to tobin is all ready to go on feb 24th, it's gonna be annihilation from the fishinggeeks. lol. :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:
We always head to tobin for eyes or pike once a year. Worth the 8hr drive once you figure it out. our average size pike last winter was 38-40 inch, biggest was 44inch and saw one WAY bigger than that.

Hollingsworth
01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks alot for the info is there any within 4-5 hrs that has good wally,pike fishing from edmonton. thanx