PDA

View Full Version : Seebe Dam

wmw9
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Hello,

When I went white water rafting last summer, we walked across the bridge at the dam just before the old town at Seebe. There were lots of people standing on shore casting.

Has anyone ice fished here? If so what can a guy catch in there, and what seems to work?

Any advice would be very much appreciated! I keep wasting my time at Ghost since it's close to home. A new spot with better luck would be great!

Mike

Gust
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Hello,

When I went white water rafting last summer, we walked across the bridge at the dam just before the old town at Seebe. There were lots of people standing on shore casting.

Has anyone ice fished here? If so what can a guy catch in there, and what seems to work?

Any advice would be very much appreciated! I keep wasting my time at Ghost since it's close to home. A new spot with better luck would be great!

Mike

I'd recommend heading downstream to the upper rez of the next dam which is horseshoe dam,, haven't been in years but spinners with black bucktails produced the most gorgeous rainbows and plentiful catching.

jacenbeers
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I was fishing by that bridge as well where the Kananaskis River joins the Bow and I was catching rainbows quite a lot and had a small brown on. I dont know if I would ice fish there though with so much flow going on underneath the ice. Could be sketchy.

kinwahkly
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Wouldent reccomend ice fishing as its got lots of flow under neath as per the dam.

Gust
01-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh, what time of year for fishing??? No I wouldn't chance the ice around there.