PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology

Donny Bear
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I started the thread in the trapping form just to vent
I have asked a mod to lock, kill or delete the thread because it has became a catalist for a wizzing match and I am to blame because I used it to vent and feel responsible for setting the wrong tone I am sorry

nekred
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Donny Bear!.... I vented and agree with your opinion,

You have no need to apologise for what I have said.

If I am out of line for my opinion and taking issue with another's opinion the Mods will let me know I am sure!

If someone wants to come into an outdoors forum and state that they don't like trapping...... then fine get out!....

Fishing, hunters, and trappers have so much in common. We are utilising animals. that is why i was direct in my questions about hunting and fishing...

CNP
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Donny........You can post anything on any subject and there is no guarantee how it will come out. We all have different oinions and different ways of expressing them. Your self described "vent" wasn't of a malicious tone in my estimation. In your heart you assumed that everyone would be supportive.......how could it not be so? You didn't set the tone....it developed a tone all on it's own...........Bless you Donny Bear

gopherslayer
02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm glad you posted it, thanks. It's just like every other thread around here...starts off one way and then goes 15 other ways. Just like the truck in the lake went from "what happened" to "it would blow this, no it wouldn't it would blow this" :lol:

TreeGuy
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Donny, no need to appologize at all. I for one am glad that you posted that letter, and hopefully education for the general public will be provided in the responses to the lady's letter.

Where threads end up is rarely dictated by the person who started them. Conversations just take on a life of their own, that's all.

Trapping is often a very misunderstood activity, even amongst the ranks of outdoorsmen/women. What people just don't get sometimes is that there isn't any money in finding a trap with just a foot in it. Everything possible is done to prevent that. To suggest otherwise would be like saying that a shop owner doesn't give a crap about shoplifting. You do what you can to maximize your business' profit. Lost fur equals lost money. Bad practice.

Take care.:wave:

Tree

mud slug
02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
i read your post and learned quit a bit that i never knew. didn't know traps had to be checked every 24-48 hours and about the different types of trapsi thought they still used the old leg hold traps. so no apology needed.

catnthehat
02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I Sir, will for one, not accept your appology, because I competly argree with you!:cool:
Cat

Rob Miskosky
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
The thread will not be removed because it does provide for some positive information and discussion. However, warnings have been issued to some posters.

gunslinger
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
i too am glad you posted it donny bear, if it wasnt for you then i woudl of never got to look at that link rob posted on there, thanx again, your always positive on this site and i enjoy listening and reading your posts.

BUD
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I started the thread in the trapping form just to vent
I have asked a mod to lock, kill or delete the thread because it has became a catalist for a wizzing match and I am to blame because I used it to vent and feel responsible for setting the wrong tone I am sorry

YA know Donny , when l first read the story and heard he was trapping animals , l kinda smiled to myself and thought , NOW some anti trapping activist is gonna jump on this and say he,s being paid back , well it happened , CATHY SMITH , wrote in with the garbage , and it is garbage.
No need to apologize , no need to close the thread , no need to be ashamed , stand your ground , lets all stand our ground , and write a letter back to this saddist of a woman to even think like that .
I say we all give DONNY BEAR a standing ovation.

Donny Bear
02-20-2008, 06:46 AM
I always stand my ground !!!
What agrivates me is that I am a control freak to a point and my point was to unit us as sportsmen hunters , fishers, trappers true naturalists not would be or wana be's.

Lets not attack one another a house devided against it's self will fall!

Like one post says Gophers are cannabalistic so why be rodents when we can be Sportsmen & Women setting an example for young people.