PDA

View Full Version : Crooked lake by Athabasca

Ruzycki
01-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey guys was just wondering if anyone has any information on this lake? A post or pm would be greatly appreciated!

highwood
01-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Smallish pike and perch. Access is at the north end of the main basin, just look on Google Earth to find your way in.

Ruzycki
01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks a lot for the info highwood! Was thinking of going there thursday

duffy4
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM
When it comes to information on water bodies and fishing in Albera, "The Alberta Fishing Guide" is better than google.

EZM
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
I have been following this forum for a long time and have yet to hear anything positive about ANY lake in the Athabasca area. It's a shame considering it's nice scenery and not to far from the city.

highwood
01-25-2012, 02:12 PM
When it comes to information on water bodies and fishing in Albera, "The Alberta Fishing Guide" is better than google.

The directions to Crooked Lake in Barely Mitchell's Guide are dead wrong so in this case, I'd use Google.

highwood
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I have been following this forum for a long time and have yet to hear anything positive about ANY lake in the Athabasca area. It's a shame considering it's nice scenery and not to far from the city.

There are some good lakes in the Athabasca region however, seeing their proximity to the city, best not to talk about them :)